Re: [40Whacks] Re: Forty Whacks Group Members

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
      Hi Mark:
      Something told me to tape it when it came on. I don't know how long it's
      been since I'd taped my copy. Probably about the same time you did.
      I'm tempted to look at mine again to see what shape it is in. And, just for
      the hell of it, look for errors.

      One thing I remember about the movie was the guy who played the part of
      District Attorney Knowlton. He played it to perfection, as the upstanding
      prosecutor doing his duty to the best of his ability, while at the same
      time, showing his one tract mind. Convinced Lizzie was guilty, guilty she
      would be.

      Knowlton's pride was hurt anytime anyone dared to question his actions. He
      was responsible to Lizzie spending nine months in jail, after all, he had
      other cases to dispose of first. Lizzie could wait. Makes one wonder if he
      hoped she would crack, seeing he had tried to find evidence that insanity
      existed in the Borden family. That way, he could have taken the case to
      court and let the court take over and he'd be done with it. No insanity.

      His summation to the jury was a masterpiece. He took a lawyer friend's
      advice and through sheer force of oratory, ignored the fingings of the
      witnesses and asked the jury to find Lizzie guilty, as her plea of innocence
      would not fall on the deaf ears of the court, thus making the judges
      responsible for whatever happened to Lizzie and he would have left the court
      the victor.

      I still say a lot of friction existed between Knowlton and Justin Dewey.
      Reporters had noted how he had taken copious notes during the trial. Dewey
      gave the Charge to the Jury. He did more for Lizzie in one and one half
      hours than Lizzie's lawyers ever thought of doing. You might as well say
      that Dewey told the jury to find her NOT GUILTY, which is exactly what they
      did.

      After all these years, why is it, with so many books written about this
      case, that no author ever found fault with Knowlton, Mr. Know-it-all?
      Have a great day.

      Author of Lizzie Borden Hands of Time
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2002
        Hi All!

        About a month ago I got an E-Mail from some fellow who
        says he makes copies of the Legend of Lizzie Borden. I
        can't vouch for him or his copies because I have not
        ordered one from him yet though I am considering it.
        Anyway, I have copied and pasted the E-Mail that
        pretains to the Lizzie Borden film in case anyone is
        interested and wants to make an inquiry to him.

        Siri

        **********

        Here it is:

        Subject: RE:"The Legend of Lizzie Borden" 1975 TV
        Movie on VHS Video Tape
        Hi
        I have a superb print of the Liz Montgomery Movie"The
        Legend of Lizzie Borden" ,I would be happy to make you
        a copy on a T-122 Memorex MADE IN Canada tape & would
        fill out the 122 min. tape for you from my catalogue
        for $25 + $6 s/h ,this Movie has never been released
        on VHS Video ,the quality is superb,it is UNCUT &
        UNEDITED,seen exactly as it was originally shown,the
        Quality is a 10 as if you were watching it at home on
        a Digital TV,Let me know if you are interested in it &
        any of the other 24 movies she ever did such as A Case
        of Rape,A killing Affair with O.J. Simpson,the Victim
        her first movie after Bewitched ,Johnny Cool,Dark
        Victory,Who's Been Sleeping in my Bed,her last two
        Edna Buchanan Movies in 1995,etc.
        at LarrytateT@...
        Thanks
        Tom :)
        These are Rare Elizabeth Montgomery appearances in
        Movies, Bewitched & On TV shows on VHS Tape.
        i have ,if you are interested in a copy let me know @
        LarrytateT@...:
        Basically you can go through my list & it is alacart
        in terms of what you can fit on a
        tape in 122 min. for $25 per tape + S/H which depends
        of course on the number of tapes
        as the per tape S/H is less per tape the more that is
        sent.
        I can fit one Movie on a tape + a 1/2 hour show from
        my list,or 4 1/2 Hour ones which are generally 25 min.
        long (5 Gameshow ones per tape) or 2 Hour long ones
        that are usually about 51 min. long per tape,i always
        fill out all the tapes with special interviews,promos
        & other unique Liz pieces,so you always get 122 min.
        per tape of Liz footage.
        I take great care in all the tapes i make for someone
        & treat them as if i was making them for myself.
        Quality is the most important thing to me,most of what
        i have is a 10 in quality & is either off of 16MM
        original studio prints or off of my 8 foot Dish
        recorded onto a SVHS tape which brings about
        tremendously high quality in the end result.
        I use a T-120 Memorex´┐Ż 122 min. long tape made in
        Canada.
        I ask for $25 US + $6 S/H FOR IT.
        If you are interested let me know :)
        Thanks
        Tom :

        --- kahclok2000 <mdhiggins86@...> wrote:
        > Hi Muriel,
        >
        > Thanks for the tip, lucky for me about seven years
        > ago "The Legend of
        > Lizzie Borden" was featured on A&E, I recorded my
        > copy then. Even
        > though it's not a very good print, and you can tell
        > where I edited
        > the commercials, it's better than nothing. For
        > years I have tried
        > unsuccessfully to obtain an original copy sadly I
        > keep hitting a
        > brick wall, it's not available on VHS and no one
        > seems to know if and
        > when one is forth coming so I wait. If anyone knows
        > where I can find
        > an original copy please let me know.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Mark

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • MARIE MILLER
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2002
          got mine on ebay-cost me about 20 bucks-dennis from toledo

          Thanks for the tip, lucky for me about seven years ago "The Legend of
          Lizzie Borden" was featured on A&E, I recorded my copy then. Even
          though it's not a very good print, and you can tell where I edited
          the commercials, it's better than nothing.  For years I have tried
          unsuccessfully to obtain an original copy sadly I keep hitting a
          brick wall, it's not available on VHS and no one seems to know if and
          when one is forth coming so I wait. If anyone knows where I can find
          an original copy please let me know.

          Thanks
          Mark

          In 40Whacks@y..., "Muriel Arnold" <muriela@c...> wrote:
          > Hi Mark:
          > Was looking at the TV Guide and saw where "The Legend of Lizzie
          Borden" is
          > coming on Oxygen Channel at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Central Time today,
          Sept. 6th.
          > It has Elizabeth Montgomery playing the part of Lizzie Borden.
          > If anyone can get that channel and do no have the movie, it would
          be a good
          > time to tape it.
          > Muriel
          >

          > Muriel Arnold