Re: Forty Whacks Group Members

  • kahclok2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
      Hi Muriel,

      Thanks for the tip, lucky for me about seven years ago "The Legend of
      Lizzie Borden" was featured on A&E, I recorded my copy then. Even
      though it's not a very good print, and you can tell where I edited
      the commercials, it's better than nothing. For years I have tried
      unsuccessfully to obtain an original copy sadly I keep hitting a
      brick wall, it's not available on VHS and no one seems to know if and
      when one is forth coming so I wait. If anyone knows where I can find
      an original copy please let me know.

      Thanks
      Mark

      In 40Whacks@y..., "Muriel Arnold" <muriela@c...> wrote:
      > Hi Mark:
      > Was looking at the TV Guide and saw where "The Legend of Lizzie
      Borden" is
      > coming on Oxygen Channel at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Central Time today,
      Sept. 6th.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
        Hi Mark:
        Something told me to tape it when it came on. I don't know how long it's
        been since I'd taped my copy. Probably about the same time you did.
        I'm tempted to look at mine again to see what shape it is in. And, just for
        the hell of it, look for errors.

        One thing I remember about the movie was the guy who played the part of
        District Attorney Knowlton. He played it to perfection, as the upstanding
        prosecutor doing his duty to the best of his ability, while at the same
        time, showing his one tract mind. Convinced Lizzie was guilty, guilty she
        would be.

        Knowlton's pride was hurt anytime anyone dared to question his actions. He
        was responsible to Lizzie spending nine months in jail, after all, he had
        other cases to dispose of first. Lizzie could wait. Makes one wonder if he
        hoped she would crack, seeing he had tried to find evidence that insanity
        existed in the Borden family. That way, he could have taken the case to
        court and let the court take over and he'd be done with it. No insanity.

        His summation to the jury was a masterpiece. He took a lawyer friend's
        advice and through sheer force of oratory, ignored the fingings of the
        witnesses and asked the jury to find Lizzie guilty, as her plea of innocence
        would not fall on the deaf ears of the court, thus making the judges
        responsible for whatever happened to Lizzie and he would have left the court
        the victor.

        I still say a lot of friction existed between Knowlton and Justin Dewey.
        Reporters had noted how he had taken copious notes during the trial. Dewey
        gave the Charge to the Jury. He did more for Lizzie in one and one half
        hours than Lizzie's lawyers ever thought of doing. You might as well say
        that Dewey told the jury to find her NOT GUILTY, which is exactly what they
        did.

        After all these years, why is it, with so many books written about this
        case, that no author ever found fault with Knowlton, Mr. Know-it-all?
        Have a great day.

      • @--->--->---
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2002
          Hi All!

          About a month ago I got an E-Mail from some fellow who
          says he makes copies of the Legend of Lizzie Borden. I
          can't vouch for him or his copies because I have not
          ordered one from him yet though I am considering it.
          Anyway, I have copied and pasted the E-Mail that
          pretains to the Lizzie Borden film in case anyone is
          interested and wants to make an inquiry to him.

          Siri

          **********

          Here it is:

          Subject: RE:"The Legend of Lizzie Borden" 1975 TV
          Movie on VHS Video Tape
          Hi
          I have a superb print of the Liz Montgomery Movie"The
          Legend of Lizzie Borden" ,I would be happy to make you
          a copy on a T-122 Memorex MADE IN Canada tape & would
          fill out the 122 min. tape for you from my catalogue
          for $25 + $6 s/h ,this Movie has never been released
          on VHS Video ,the quality is superb,it is UNCUT &
          UNEDITED,seen exactly as it was originally shown,the
          Quality is a 10 as if you were watching it at home on
          a Digital TV,Let me know if you are interested in it &
          any of the other 24 movies she ever did such as A Case
          of Rape,A killing Affair with O.J. Simpson,the Victim
          her first movie after Bewitched ,Johnny Cool,Dark
          Victory,Who's Been Sleeping in my Bed,her last two
          Edna Buchanan Movies in 1995,etc.
          at LarrytateT@...
          Thanks
          Tom :)
          These are Rare Elizabeth Montgomery appearances in
          Movies, Bewitched & On TV shows on VHS Tape.
          i have ,if you are interested in a copy let me know @
          LarrytateT@...:
          Basically you can go through my list & it is alacart
          in terms of what you can fit on a
          tape in 122 min. for $25 per tape + S/H which depends
          of course on the number of tapes
          as the per tape S/H is less per tape the more that is
          sent.
          I can fit one Movie on a tape + a 1/2 hour show from
          my list,or 4 1/2 Hour ones which are generally 25 min.
          long (5 Gameshow ones per tape) or 2 Hour long ones
          that are usually about 51 min. long per tape,i always
          fill out all the tapes with special interviews,promos
          & other unique Liz pieces,so you always get 122 min.
          per tape of Liz footage.
          I take great care in all the tapes i make for someone
          & treat them as if i was making them for myself.
          Quality is the most important thing to me,most of what
          i have is a 10 in quality & is either off of 16MM
          original studio prints or off of my 8 foot Dish
          recorded onto a SVHS tape which brings about
          tremendously high quality in the end result.
          I use a T-120 Memorex´┐Ż 122 min. long tape made in
          Canada.
          I ask for $25 US + $6 S/H FOR IT.
          If you are interested let me know :)
          Thanks
          Tom :

          --- kahclok2000 <mdhiggins86@...> wrote:
          > Hi Muriel,
          >
          > Thanks for the tip, lucky for me about seven years
          > ago "The Legend of
          > Lizzie Borden" was featured on A&E, I recorded my
          > copy then. Even
          > though it's not a very good print, and you can tell
          > where I edited
          > the commercials, it's better than nothing. For
          > years I have tried
          > unsuccessfully to obtain an original copy sadly I
          > keep hitting a
          > brick wall, it's not available on VHS and no one
          > seems to know if and
          > when one is forth coming so I wait. If anyone knows
          > where I can find
          > an original copy please let me know.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Mark

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • MARIE MILLER
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2002
            got mine on ebay-cost me about 20 bucks-dennis from toledo

            Thanks for the tip, lucky for me about seven years ago "The Legend of
            Lizzie Borden" was featured on A&E, I recorded my copy then. Even
            though it's not a very good print, and you can tell where I edited
            the commercials, it's better than nothing.  For years I have tried
            unsuccessfully to obtain an original copy sadly I keep hitting a
            brick wall, it's not available on VHS and no one seems to know if and
            when one is forth coming so I wait. If anyone knows where I can find
            an original copy please let me know.

            Thanks
            Mark

            In 40Whacks@y..., "Muriel Arnold" <muriela@c...> wrote:
            > Hi Mark:
            > Was looking at the TV Guide and saw where "The Legend of Lizzie
            Borden" is
            > coming on Oxygen Channel at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Central Time today,
            Sept. 6th.
            > It has Elizabeth Montgomery playing the part of Lizzie Borden.
            > If anyone can get that channel and do no have the movie, it would
            be a good
            > time to tape it.
            > Muriel
            >

            > Muriel Arnold