Re: [40Whacks] Re: Lizzie/Lindberg whatever

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi Patsy:
      That's the story I heard about Haufmann claiming he was holding a shoe box for a friend who had returned to Germany.

      Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 6:44 PM
      Subject: [40Whacks] Re: Lizzie/Lindberg whatever

      Hi JT

      I know this should be just about Lizzie, but I wanted to pass along something that I thought was rather interesting about the Lindberg case.  I have been reading a rather obscure memoir about a holocaust victim, and in it she wrote....

      "A German criminal was appointed our commander.  He boasted that he had had a hand in kidnapping the child of the pilot, Lindberg.  The United States had handed him over to the Germany.  In addition he had been involved in several cases of robbery and murder and had been sentenced to twenty-five years' imprisonment at hard labor."

      Anyway I thought that it was worth passing on.