Hello

  • lamignon2002
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2002
      Hey

      Haven't posted anything in a while thought I would just check in and
      see how everyone's summer is going. Did anyone make it down to Fall
      River for the BBQ if you did I hope you had lots of fun, I am hoping
      to take a trip there next summer to check things out. I noticed that
      a lot of you have been into the Lizzie Borden mystery longer than I
      have, can any one suggest some good reading materials on the subject,
      it will be greately appreciated.

      Leslie
    • Jonathan
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 30, 2004
        i am new to the group and of the other groups listed i felt this was
        where i was supposed to be.
        i have followed the Lizzie Borden murder case for about 20 years now,
        the only other case that i hold the same fascination with is Jack the
        Ripper.
        i am sure everyone has an opinion as to who commited the double
        murder.
        myself for years i have believed it to be Emma.
        i learned long ago if you want to hide something you hide it in plain
        sight.
        all fingers pointed to lizzie yet i believe she was a scapegoat and
        took the public scorn to spare her family any more pain.
        if it ever comes back into syndication "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"
        aired a wonderful episode about Lizzie and Emma titled " The Older
        Sister". this episode only strenghened my suspicions.
        like the Loch Ness Monster or the identy of Jack the Ripper these
        mysteries may never be solved, let's hope not
        it gives us things to ponder.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2004
          Hi Jonathan -- welcome to our group. I'd be interested in hearing your scenario of how Emma did it. In your mind, did she act alone?

          Pat
        • jonathan jordan
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 30, 2004
            Supposedly Emma was "out of town" at the time of the double murder.the will was written with the majority of the money, holdings,etc going to Abby then to Emma and Lizzie.
            i believe this was the reason she was killed first. with her dead, then mr borden the inheritance would go to Emma the eldest then Lizzie.
            i believe Emma came in , Lizzie let her in the house then locked up and went to the Barn.  After mrs borden was murdered  Lizzie and Emma discussed the eventual murder of their father.
            it was decided that Lizzie would be the one to suffer the brunt of what was to come in order to not tie up their inheritance.
            once it was done Emma left taking the hatchet she used with her to dispose of.
            i know this probally sounds far fetched but i can believe this before i can believe that someone just came in and killed them.
            Lizzie may have been a lot of things but i don't believe she was a murderess.
            this is only my opinion but i like it

            PatriciaLu@... wrote:
            Hi Jonathan -- welcome to our group. I'd be interested in hearing your scenario of how Emma did it. In your mind, did she act alone?

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 30, 2004
              Hi Jonathan:
              Welcome to the group.
              Read your scenario.  It would work providing Emma left the hatchet for Lizzie to use to kill their father.  For sure there was no way Emma could have killed her father and gotten back to Fairhaven in time to receive the telegram Dr. Bowen sent at 11:32.
              Have a nice sunny day,