2469RE: [40Whacks] private Borden library on sale

    Jun 7, 2006
      Message

      Laura James:

      I can’t imagine you being insanely anything – glad I could push the envelope…

      Among my new acquisitions are the following:

                  *”Blood in the Parlor” – true crime essays with 18 page chapter on Lizzie

                  *”The Borden Tragedy” – graphic format adapted from the unpublished memoir of an unknown woman in Fall River (discovered during a 1990 estate sale).

                  *”On Trial:  Seven Intriguing Cases of Capital Crime” – includes a 23 page chapter on the Borden case.

                  *”First Degree” – by famous attorney William Kunstler:  18 true crime essays with a 14 page chapter on Lizzie.

                  *”The Lights are Warm and Coloured” – a play about Lizzie Borden and Maplecroft set in 1905.

                  *”Murder at Smutty Nose” - contains the only Edmund Pearson Borden article I don’t have.

                  *”The Borden Murder Mystery” by Arthur Phillips – Robinson’s trial assistant, originally part of his rare “History of Fall River”.

                  *”Murder Takes the Stage” – rare play about an acquitted axe murderess (Miss Liz) suspected in a new crime.

                  *The Astrologer Looks at Murder” – Lizzie’s chart is examined in a 30 page chapter by novelist Barbara Hunt.

      I will post some book reports – assuming 40 Whacks still exists as a group.  Been pretty dead lately…

      I can’t wait to see this package on my doorstep this Friday!!!!!