1188Re: [40Whacks] Even More Bundy

    Nov 11, 2002
      Hi J.T.
      Sorry, but I did not say Bridget told Mrs. Churchill about the note first.  I said that Lizzie was told by Mrs. Borden about the note in the dining room.  Mrs. Churchill said Bridget told her that Mrs. Borden told her, Bridget, about the note in the sitting room and hurried off in answer to it.

      According to Lizzie's inquest testimony, she did not know where her mother went, as she, Lizzie, left her mother in the dining room.  Bridget also told reporters on the 9th of September that Mrs. Borden had received a note shortly before nine.  And, seeing how Lizzie, on entering the kitchen, saw Bridget about to fill a pail of water to wash the windows because Mrs. Borden wanted her to.  Conclusion:
      Bridget was told to wash the windows shortly after 7:00, while Mr. and Mrs. Borden were at the breakfast table and not at 9:00 like Bridget tried to get everybody to believe.

      Lizzie did not lie about the contents of the note, because Bridget said the same thing.  Bridget was not repeating what Lizzie "told" her.  Had that been the case, Lizzie would not have told Bridget what her mother did after mentioning the note.

      Lizzie changing her story five times concerning her trip to the barn:
      She told Dr. Bowen and Mrs. Churchill, the first ones there, that she was gone from the house not more than five minutes.

      Her conflicting testimony later on could very well have been caused by Bridget.  Lizzie was not deaf.  It was Bridget who claimed Mr. Borden came home at 10:40, changed it to 10:45, or between 10:45 and 10:50, and Lizzie sounded the alarm at 11:10.  Lizzie was trying to account for all those extra minutes Bridget threw into the deal.

      What about Bridget?  Lizzie said Bridget let her father in, came into the kitchen, told her he had forgotten his keys and went up to her room.  She joined her father in the sitting room, helped him changed coats.  That took took two to three minutes and went directly to the barn.  Mr. Borden was seen entering his home at 10:52.

      10:52, add Lizzie's two to three minutes, and you have Lizzie going to the barn at 10:55, was there about five minutes,  returned to the house, and found her father.  The time would now be 11:00.

      NOW FOR BRIDGET AND WHAT SHE DID BETWEEN 10:55 AND 11:00

      1.She went upstairs to finish her bedroom windows [two of them], begun the day before.  The noise she made raising and lowering her windows prevented her from hearing Mr. Borden being killed.  Yeah, right.

      2.  After Mr. Borden returned home, she cleaned the dining room and went up to her bedroom at 10:50.

      3.  The "Providence Journal" had it that Bridget let Mr. Borden in, attended to one or two other matters in the kitchen and then went upstairs to her room.

      4.  Bridget told another reporter that when Mr. Borden came home, Lizzie ordered her upstairs.  She went up and sat on her window seat, looking into the back yard and saw no one.

      5.  Bridget claimed she talked down to a friend on the sidewalk.  [If true, then she could not have seen what was going on in the back yard.]

      6.  Bridget told reporters that she let Mr. Borden in, attended to one or two other matters and went up to her room.

      7.  She let Mr. Borden in and went upstairs to lie down.  Her back ached.

      8.  Bridget said Mr. Borden returned home.  She went upstairs and threw herself on the bed.  In less than five minutes, Lizzie called for her to come down.  [August 12]

      9.  Bridget had told Benjamin Buffinton that she heard the City Hall clock strike 11:00 just before Lizzie called her downstairs.

      10.  Bridget dropped all of the above and settled for being upstairs for some three to four minutes when she heard the City Hall clock strike 11:00.

      11:  One last thing.  Bridget stated she spoke to Mr. Borden about five minutes before Lizzie sounded the alarm.  She never repeated that statement.

      Okay JT, Lizzie told different stories about her trip to the barn.  God knows how many times she was asked questions over and over again.

      Look at Miss Russell.  At the hearing, she said she couldn't remember much of that day, as it was all confusion.   And yet, it was not her who found her father dead after being gone from the house about five minutes and half an hour later find that her stepmother had also been killed.

      In all the murder cases you investigated, I bet you never once came across one where the murderer, so damn sure of himself, sounded the alarm as quickly as Lizzie did.  Dr. Dolan testified that it had taken two to three minutes to kill Mr. Borden.  According to Bridget, she spoke to Mr. Borden five minutes before Lizzie sounded the alarm.  So, if it is as you claim, Lizzie sure was one smart cool cookie.

      Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 8:42 PM
      Subject: RE: [40Whacks] Even More Bundy

      Muriel wrote:

       If I remember correctly, Radin had Lizzie calling Bridget downstairs at 11:10.  My research shows Lizzie sounded the alarm at 11:00 and at 11:10,  Dr. Bowen entered the Borden house.

                  ***SO WHAT!!!!  Why do you mention this constantly?  Perhaps your research was flawed…  Case in point:  you insist that Bridget told Mrs. Churchill about the note first, ignoring Moody’s re-direct that FIRMLY established Lizzie as the source of the “sick note” story.  Perhaps Gov. Robinson duped you like he did the jury – read Professor Wigmore’s scathing rebuke of Robinson regarding this matter in the American Law Review.

                  Lizzie lied about the contents of the note.

      As for Victoria Lincoln, you can have her.  She formed a theory and included only that which suited her purpose.

                  ***Isn’t that what you did with your book?  Talk about irony!  Bridget’s “lies” about whether Andrew rang the doorbell or not are incriminating, yet Lizzie changing her story five times when asked her whereabouts during Andrew’s murder means nothing to you.  To dissect her evolving alibi is to see two completely different versions of her trip to the barn.

      Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:56 PM

      Muriel wrote:

      What I was saying was that this window washing was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I say this was not the first time that Mrs. Borden got Bridget mad about something.

               ***Bridget was quoted as saying she would have left the Borden’s and found other employment but she couldn’t leave Mrs. Borden.  Abby’s servants always spoke well of her.

                  I think everyone will agree that Lizzie was the one who kept getting mad about something Mrs. Borden did.

      How do we know whether Andrew Borden gave Lizzie and Emma a bunch of them that he didn't use?

               ***Read your Rebello.  The tickets were numbered.  Only “Mrs. Borden’s room” was ransacked by a thief who entered a locked house and avoided Lizzie, Emma, and Bridget.  Andrew knew who did it…

      Okay J.T., I won't argue with you.  You are determined Lizzie was guilty.

               ***I’m not determined – I KNOW she did it.  I’ve studied thousands of cases and there’s nothing complex about this one.  Of course Lizzie did it!  That’s the beauty of it…

                 Is there even one other person in this group who buys into Muriel’s Radin rehash theory?

      I for one grow weary of “goose-stepping” to the shameless promotion of your book within this group.  And you have the nerve to repeatedly denigrate a fine author like Victoria Lincoln, who wrote the best work on this case (epilepsy aside) which happened to win the “Edgar Allen Poe Best Fact Crime Book Award” from Mystery Writer’s of America in 1967.  She got inside Lizzie’s head so deep I still get chills when reading it.

      I’ll be leaving the group again soon, because there are real mystery’s out there to solve.  Before I go, I’d like to hear others weigh in on Muriel’s “Bridget did it because she was ticked off” theory.

      JT

      Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 7:56 PM

            Muriel wrote:

      Hi J.T.

      I agree with you that Ted Bundy most likely killed Ann Marie Burr.

            ***I have not revealed my own conclusion about this yet, so you can’t agree with me.

      Bridget Sullivan was as good a liar as Bundy but, she did not start killing at an early age.  She was ticked off at Mrs. Borden's refusal to postpone the window washing.

            ***no one hacks their employer’s head 19 times with an axe because they’re ticked off about an unpleasant chore.  Abby was killed by someone who had evolved years of animosity into a massive orgasm of hate.  WE’RE TALKING 19 BLOWS TO THE HEAD HERE PEOPLE!   It was pure repressed venom unleashed.  Don’t even bother to dispute this, Muriel.  Bridget’s anger would have subsided with the first blow.

            She agrees with me that Leonard Rebello's book, "Lizzie Borden Past and Present" is the best sourcebook you can lay your hands on.

            ***I agree.  Rebello’s book is the best.  On page 36 we learn that Lizzie gave the horse car tickets she stole during the daylight robbery to several persons who fingered her as the giver when accosted by police after presenting the tickets.  This is why Andrew requested the investigation be dropped.  The “Daylight Robbery” of 1891 was the dry run for the murders, and again the prime target was Abby.  Only this time Lizzie knew Andrew wouldn’t protect her.

      J.T.  It is not unusual for serial killers to start early.  14 is the ripe age for them to start.

            ***In a recent study of 200 serial killers only Peter Kuerten (1930 Germany) and Edmund Kemper (1973 California) were found to have murdered before age 14.  But by age 14 all were found to share three characteristics:

      1)       chronic bedwetting; 2) compulsive setting of fires; 3) torture of dogs and cats.

           Muriel, I appreciate your information on Bundy, but I have all 5 books about him, including “The Phantom Prince”, written by the woman who lived with him while he was murdering college coeds.