The Blue

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2012

      During the Second World War my father was with the Army Air Corp's Air Transport Command, stationed in Miami, Florida.  His unit flew cargo & personnel from Panama to North Africa and India in unpressurized prop planes that were anything but smooth flying.  On the way they would stop at idyllic Caribbean locals like Aruba and Belize.  When I was a boy he would wistfully tell me how stark white sands could easily be seen beneath clear blue waters.  This stereogram is how my boyhood imagination thought that might look like.

      Years later, dad would pile family and/or neighborhood kids into the station wagon and schlep us to the local beaches here in L.A.  A mermaid could have been three feet away and you would never have spotted her in that water.  When we'd get home, dad would clean tar off the bottom of our feet with paint thinner.  Not exactly pristine beaches, no mermaids, and that sun exposure jeopardized my lily white skin for the rest of my life, but we sure had fun hanging on to blistering hot inner tubes and crashing ourselves into the breakers.
      But I digress . . .
      The writing at the bottom is some of the clearest I've ever made and the water some of the wettest.

      by Gene & Gary

    • Gary W. Priester
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2012
        Right up there with the pond. But the Lagoon text, legible that it is, takes away from the rest of the image (IMHO).

        Gary

        At 12:47 AM 10/5/2012, you wrote:

[...]

        []

        Stereogram Books
        by Gene & Gary

        Gary W. Priester

        www.gwpriester.com
        Startling Stereograms (released February 2012)
        Artflakes Gallery
        EYE BALL 3D 1 & 2 - 3D Stereogram Book Apps for the iPad

        Clean, Functional Web Site and Logo Design
        Illustrations and 3D Stereograms

      • gem stereo receiver
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2012
          It is very clean... I like it.
          Am I being mean to ask about the effect of refraction going through the water at an angle?
          Probably...
          /`
          \T
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2012
            Hi gem,

            The effect comes from transparent blending of very subtle layers at different depths and elevations.

            Gene