The Writing on the Wall

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2012
      Seeing as how this is Holy Week I'll post something biblical.  If I remember right, in the Book of Daniel, a disembodied hand emerges from the confiscated sacred relics of the First Temple and writes a riddle on the wall of the Babylonian Court during a feast.  As it just so happens, Poser (application) is very good for disembodied hands.  I made the seamless tile pattern from photo of an actual ancient Babylonian wall.
          The riddle here is written in Hebrew, as it usually is in artistic representations, but the alleged original would have most likely been written in Aramaic and is read as Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin which I think is Persian.  There is lots of room for something to be lost in a figurative translation.  The most literal English translation would likely read: Numbered, Numbered, Weighed, Divided.  A common figurative translation is: You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting.
      In historic reality, the Assyrian Army was extremely close and the days of the Babylonian Kingdom were obviously close to ending.  This was all to have profound influence on Western Civilization.

      Gene

    • Fred Hsu
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2012
        I don't always reply to you people saying "thanks for sending these autostereogram images to us". I really should reply more to let you know my appreciation. To all of you who regularly do this, thank you. They are beautiful.

        Fred

        On Apr 6, 2012, at 11:30 PM, G Levine wrote:

[...]

        <writing-on-wall_g-levine.jpg>

      • Gary W. Priester
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2012
          Beautifully and masterfully done, Gene.

          Gary

          At 09:30 PM 4/6/2012, you wrote:
[...]

          []

          Gary W. Priester

          www.gwpriester.com
          Startling Stereograms (released February 2012)
          Artflakes Gallery
          EYE BALL 3D 1 & 2 - 3D Stereogram Book Apps for the iPad

          Clean, Functional Web Site and Logo Design
          Illustrations and 3D Stereograms

        • Dmitriy Bessmertny
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2012
            Great details and clarity.
            Thanks for posting, always a visual pleasure to look at!
            3Dimka ;)