Shadow Box

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
      This is what I call "minimalist" style. The original intent here was
      to create an interesting 3D effect out of simple pure black shapes.
      Then I got carried away and tried to to give it some aesthetics.
      Then I used the aesthetics to create some more 3D. Then I stopped
      before I lost my original intent altogether. Such is art.
      Gene
    • gem stereo receiver
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
        Interesting and unexpercted. I was going to say it was poppy... then the extreme depth started to come though.

        Message Received: Mar 04 2010, 09:34 AM
        From: "G Levine"
        To: 3D-Stereograms@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [3D-Stereograms] Shadow Box

        This is what I call "minimalist" style. The original intent here was
        to create an interesting 3D effect out of simple pure black shapes.
        Then I got carried away and tried to to give it some aesthetics.
        Then I used the aesthetics to create some more 3D. Then I stopped
        before I lost my original intent altogether. Such is art.
        Gene

        [ shadow-box_g-levine.jpg (253.9 Kb) ]
        [ (no name for attachment) (0.0 Kb) ]

        /`
        \T

        =
      • Greg Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
          It took a while for my brain to believe in the fore and aft (up and
          down?) properties of the raised rectangles but, one it did it is very
          dramatic.

          Thanks Gene
        • Gary W. Priester
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
            Nice one Gene.

            Gary

            At 02:33 AM 3/4/2010, you wrote:

            This is what I call "minimalist" style. The original intent here was
            to create an interesting 3D effect out of simple pure black shapes.
            Then I got carried away and tried to to give it some aesthetics.
            Then I used the aesthetics to create some more 3D. Then I stopped
            before I lost my original intent altogether. Such is art.
            Gene

            Gary W. Priester

            www.gwpriester.com
            Hidden Treasures - 3D Stereograms
            Clean, Functional Web Site and Logo Design
            Illustrations and 3D Stereograms