New Animated Fractal Stereogram

  • Barnett Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hello 3d Stereogrammers and Xenodreamers,

      I have posted an new HiDef fractal stereogram animation on Youtube, "3d Stereogram Animation 3dw100125.mpg".

      You can search "Xyoureyes" on Youtube or follow this link:

      This was made with Xenodream using Juliatworings.xep (included as a sample file in Xenodream) as a starting point. I modified the holons a bit, then just used simple things like rotations and size adjustments to make the animation batch. I have attached an image from a third of the way into the video.

      It was meant for cross-eyed viewing, but parallel works pretty well.

      Have fun, Barney
    • ute
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
        Nice! But why is the brightness flickering from time to time...?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
          Hello Ute,

          I am not sure of the cause. It just renders in Xenodream that way. Some holon must hit a critical value of some kind which lowers the pixels below the terminal value faster. Of course, I don't notice it as it is rendering, but I see it when the sequence plays.

          In a previous project I went back and re-rendered individual segments with different terminate settings to correct it. Also, in post production there are a couple of things to even it out.

          But, I have been busy lately so I didn't take the time to make it less noticeable.

          Barney

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
            Nice one Barney.  The flickering doesn't really bother me, but probably would be better without it.  I've never used Xenodream so I can only guess there is an uneven distribution of light/s.

            Gene

            On 02 1, 10, at 2:21 PM, Barnett Johnson wrote:

            Hello 3d Stereogrammers and Xenodreamers,

            I have posted an new HiDef fractal stereogram animation on Youtube, "3d Stereogram Animation 3dw100125.mpg".

            You can search "Xyoureyes" on Youtube or follow this link:

            This was made with Xenodream using Juliatworings. xep (included as a sample file in Xenodream) as a starting point. I modified the holons a bit, then just used simple things like rotations and size adjustments to make the animation batch. I have attached an image from a third of the way into the video.

            It was meant for cross-eyed viewing, but parallel works pretty well.

            Have fun, Barney

            <Juliatworings a-0479.jpg>

          • dalyblog@mac.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
              Hey Barney,
              I love seeing these fractals move. They always amaze me. The small light change didn't pop out to much.
              Glad to see these moving. Thanks for posting it.

              Donnachada.