Copyright problems update

  • Gary W. Priester
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2009
      I got Photobucket to remove about 180 of my images. I have been trying to get Facebook to remove 80 images. They won't even respond even though I submitted their own Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)  form with links to all 80 images, most of which had my copyright line right on the images.

      Several of the Torrent sites have removed the file of 105 images, mostly mine, some of Gene's and some of 3Dimkas.

      I have employed a script that makes it harder for people to download images from my professional site and Brad Honeycutt who runs the Eye Tricks website and the site from which most of the images were downloaded from has also disabled right click functions.

      I had considered offering a Creative Commons license on my Graphics.com stereograms gallery, but even the most restrictive of their agreements allows distribution (printed copies, ZIP and Torrent files OK). Also the code that has to be embedded in the image is probably well beyond the technical expertise of most people who download and re-post images.

      So in the end I have posted a notice permitting downloads of up to 5 images (as if anybody will abide by that) and that the person posting an image or images on their website has to add an HTML copyright line under each image and a link back to the Graphics.com web gallery.

      At this point it is about the best I can do.

      Gary

      Gary W. Priester
      www.Custom-Stereograms.com
      Hidden Treasures - 3D Stereograms
      Placitas, New Mexico USA
      87043

    • pcrider
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18, 2009
        Thanks for this update. If the file name has been changed, how would you
        find your own images on Photobucket or Facebook?