Groboto test

  • Barney Johnson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 8, 2008

      Hello 3dStereogramsters,

      I’m trying out a new 3d program called Groboto. It is available for both PC and Mac, and is quite different from other 3d programs like 3dsMax. The controls and concepts are fairly simple once you learn them, but since I have only been playing with it one day, I’m still in the dark about most of it.

      Of course my first scene had to be stereographic, and it is attached. The image is not too much to get excited about, but you can see the possibilities.

      The shadows don’t look right at all, but I didn’t play with the lights at all, so I am assuming I can adjust that when I learn more.

      Corss your eyes and have fun.

      Barney

    • Gary W. Priester
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 8, 2008
        Looks like a painting by Yves Tanguay, the surrealist painter.

        At 03:05 PM 6/8/2008, you wrote:

        Hello 3dStereogramsters,

        I’m trying out a new 3d program called Groboto. It is available for both PC and Mac, and is quite different from other 3d programs like 3dsMax. The controls and concepts are fairly simple once you learn them, but since I have only been playing with it one day, I’m still in the dark about most of it.

        Of course my first scene had to be stereographic, and it is attached. The image is not too much to get excited about, but you can see the possibilities.

        The shadows don’t look right at all, but I didn’t play with the lights at all, so I am assuming I can adjust that when I learn more.

        Corss your eyes and have fun.

        Barney

        Gary W. Priester

        www.gwpriester.com
        Hidden Treasures - 3D Stereograms (My new book)
        Clean, Functional Web Site and Logo Design
        Illustrations and 3D Stereograms

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 8, 2008
          Hi Barney,
          I've been playing off & on with Mac version of Groboto for about a year.  Stereographic purposes are my only interest in it.
          Overall it is fun, and makes terrific fractal like shapes.  You can also map the shapes with your own textures, but despite the many texturing options, you don't have much control over the mapping as you would expect from other 3D apps.  It is possible with Groboto to get the shadows correct.  Sorry, I'm not allowed to post what I've done.
          Gene

          On 06 8, 08, at 2:05 PM, Barney Johnson wrote:

          Hello 3dStereogramsters,

          I’m trying out a new 3d program called Groboto. It is available for both PC and Mac, and is quite different from other 3d programs like 3dsMax. The controls and concepts are fairly simple once you learn them, but since I have only been playing with it one day, I’m still in the dark about most of it.

          Of course my first scene had to be stereographic, and it is attached. The image is not too much to get excited about, but you can see the possibilities.

          The shadows don’t look right at all, but I didn’t play with the lights at all, so I am assuming I can adjust that when I learn more.

          Corss your eyes and have fun.

          Barney

          <stereotest1.jpg>

        • Barney Johnson
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 8, 2008
          • Mike Ihde
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 10, 2008
              I got the trial version for fun, how did you move the camera to get the second image for stereo?

              Mike

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 14, 2008
                Hi Mike,

                All the elements were arranged as an array and shot as one image with
                a single camera. The details of my Single Viewpoint Stereographic
                method is explained in the Concepts section of my website,
                www.3dwonderstuff.com.

                By the way, I did move the camera to align with the x-axis a little
                above the xz plane, and it is not a trivial matter in Groboto because
                everything is done with a mouse rather than by numerical entry.

                Thanks, Barney

                --- In 3D-Stereograms@yahoogroups.com, Mike Ihde <thephotodoctor@...>
                wrote:

                > I got the trial version for fun, how did you move the camera to
                get
                > the second image for stereo?
                >
                > Mike
                >
                > On Jun 8, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Barney Johnson wrote:
                >

                > > Hello 3dStereogramsters,
                > >

                > > I'm trying out a new 3d program called Groboto. It is available
                for
                > > both PC and Mac, and is quite different from other 3d programs
                like
                > > 3dsMax. The controls and concepts are fairly simple once you
                learn
                > > them, but since I have only been playing with it one day, I'm
                still
                > > in the dark about most of it.
                > >

                > > Of course my first scene had to be stereographic, and it is
                > > attached. The image is not too much to get excited about, but
                you
                > > can see the possibilities.
                > >

                > > The shadows don't look right at all, but I didn't play with the
                > > lights at all, so I am assuming I can adjust that when I learn
                more.

                > > Corss your eyes and have fun.
                > >

                > > Barney
                > >

                > > <stereotest1.jpg>

              • Ute Kassner
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 26, 2008
                  Hi, here is a book with a nice anaglyphic picture of sugar cubes. (and some others)

                • Ute Kassner
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 26, 2008
                    Forgot the link:

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
                      Hi, just a question about

                      When I press that little Save button, where is the picture saved?

                      On the server??

                      Couldn't find it anywhere on my harddrive...

                      Thanks in advance! :-)

                    • 3Dimka Bessmertny

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
                          > No, not on the server, the picture will be downloaded to your
                          > browser like you click on download link.

                          Then... where can I find it?

                          > Which browser do you have?

                          Safari on my Mac and IE on a Vaio notebook.
                          Tried it on the Vaio and the picture just disappeared...!?

                          > 3Dimka ;)

                          > No, not on the server, the picture will be dowloaded to your
                          > browser like
                          > you click on download link. Which browser do you have?
                          > 3Dimka ;)
                          >

                          > Hi, just a question about
                          > >
                          > > http://www.hidden-3d.com/games_stereogram_paint.php
                          > >
                          > > When I press that little Save button, where is the
                          > picture saved?
                          > >
                          > > On the server??
                          > >
                          > > Couldn't find it anywhere on my harddrive...
                          > >
                          > > Thanks in advance! :-)

                        • 3Dimka Bessmertny
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
                            Allow pop-ups from hidden-3d.com. Image to save opens as a pop-up window and it sounds like IE blocks it

                            3Dimka ;)

                            > No, not on the server, the picture will be downloaded to your
                            > browser like you click on download link.

                            Then... where can I find it?

                            > Which browser do you have?

                            Safari on my Mac and IE on a Vaio notebook.
                            Tried it on the Vaio and the picture just disappeared...!?

                            > 3Dimka ;)

                            > No, not on the server, the picture will be dowloaded to your
                            > browser like
                            > you click on download link. Which browser do you have?
                            > 3Dimka ;)
                            >

                            >  Hi, just a question about
                            > >
                            > > http://www.hidden-3d.com/games_stereogram_paint.php
                            > >
                            > > When I press that little Save button, where is the
                            > picture saved?
                            > >
                            > > On the server??
                            > >
                            > > Couldn't find it anywhere on my harddrive...
                            > >
                            > > Thanks in advance! :-)

                            <*> Your email settings:
                               Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                               (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                               mailto:3D-Stereograms-digest@yahoogroups.com
                               mailto:3D-Stereograms-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
                              Even though you may get a blank window in your browser, the stereogram downloads like any other file in a browser.
                              The file name is stereogram.jpg
                              Using Safari on Mac: I simply click on the reveal magnifying glass icon to the immediate right of the file name in the Downloads window.  You get the Downloads window either by selecting it under Window in the menu bar, or using option-command-L hotkey combination, or leaving it constantly open.  The file should then be automatically revealed (highlighted) in the finder in the folder that you selected in Safari preferences for downloads.

                              Gene

                                 http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/3D- Stereograms/ join

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 9, 2008
                                3Dimka & Gene,