how long does it take you to see stereogram

  • te_paradise
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      minutes? seconds?
    • Hidetomo Katsura
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        usually 3 seconds.

        not all stereograms are created equal. different patterns, pattern
        widths, depths, cross/wall-eyed, etc. so it depends. sometimes longer.
        sometimes never.

        -katsura

        On Dec 4, 2007, at 7:02 AM, te_paradise wrote:

        > minutes? seconds?
      • Gary W. Priester
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
          how long does it take you to see stereogram?

          This is a hard question to answer.

          If you look at stereograms a lot, sometimes instantly. If you only occasionally look at stereograms, it can be a long time.

          There is no hard fast rule for this.

          I have found that when you try to see a stereogram for the first time, it may take a long time. The first time I tried to see a stereogram I looked, and looked, and looked, and looked and then I finally started to see something. When I finally saw the hidden image, I was blown away.

          You might not see the hidden image at all. And some people may never ever see a stereogram. A man asked me at an exhibit of my stereograms if he could see the hidden image if he only had one eye. I don't think so I told him. :-)

          If you can see 3D, even if it takes a long time, then it gets easier the more you do it. Also looking at a hidden 3D image will get better the longer you look at it (within reason, of course). If you see the hidden image, look at the stereogram for a while longer. Often the depth will increase and the image will become clearer.

          But even if you get real good at seeing hidden 3D images or depth, this might not work with every image. This may be more a problem with the image than with you. Some images I have looked at, I could not tell you for the life of me what I am looking at. Others I can tell you in an instant.

          Hope this helps.

          Gary

          At 08:02 AM 12/4/2007, you wrote:

          minutes? seconds?

          Gary W. Priester

          www.gwpriester.com
          Clean, Functional Web Site and Logo Design
          Illustrations and 3D Stereograms

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
            Assuming someone is a practiced stereogram viewer, I would agree with Katsura on 3 seconds.

            For a total novice, I agree with Gary that it is all over the place.

            Took my wife over 2 years!

            Gene

            On 12 4, 07, at 7:02 AM, te_paradise wrote:

            minutes? seconds?

          • Nguyen Minh Duy