I'm new but eager to learn

  • Marcia
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007

      Hello, my name is Marcia and I'm new on this forum.
      About two years ago I joined the Talkgraphics forum
      and there I met Gary Priester. Just last week he send me
      a stereogram magazine as a thank you for a little translation
      I did for him (I'm Dutch, but I live in France).
      I was immediatly amazed by these stereograms and I created
      one myself, based on a tutorial Gary did on the Xaraxone.
      Now I'm hooked and want to learn. Gary gave me the link to
      this forum and here I am. For now, I have no specific questions,
      but I'll be back for sure with several.
      I hope that in future I can equally be of use to this community !

      Bye for now, Marcia
      ;;)

    • Gary W. Priester
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
        Welcome Marcia. Good to have you here. :-)

        The conference is pretty slow at the moment but maybe you can send your first stereogram around to the members. Just respond to this e-mail and attach your image.

        Gary

        At 12:50 AM 9/5/2007, you wrote:

        Hello, my name is Marcia and I'm new on this forum.
        About two years ago I joined the Talkgraphics forum
        and there I met Gary Priester. Just last week he send me
        a stereogram magazine as a thank you for a little translation
        I did for him (I'm Dutch, but I live in France).
        I was immediatly amazed by these stereograms and I created
        one myself, based on a tutorial Gary did on the Xaraxone.
        Now I'm hooked and want to learn. Gary gave me the link to
        this forum and here I am. For now, I have no specific questions,
        but I'll be back for sure with several.
        I hope that in future I can equally be of use to this community !

        Bye for now, Marcia

        Gary W. Priester

        www.gwpriester.com
        Clean, Functional Web Site and Logo Design
        Illustrations and 3D Stereograms

      • 3Dimka Bessmertny
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
          Welcome to the group, Marcia.

          It's always nice when new members introduce themself.
          The group is slow now, but you can check the archives, we had lot of nice discussions back there.
          Feel free to post your artworks to here and take advise and critics easy.

          Dag,
          3Dimka ;)

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2007
            Someone has to post something. This is a new
            series I am working on. It started out as a
            tornado but the background looks more like smoke
            from a fire so I have called it firestorm.

            Gary

            Gary W. Priester
            www.Custom-Stereograms.com
            47 Tejon Cañon Road
            Placitas, New Mexico USA
            87043-9139
            505 867-5832
          • 3Dimka Bessmertny
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 7, 2007
              Nice work Gary!
              It's funny because I recently made a tornado stereogram too, but unfortunately I can't post it.
              3Dimka ;)

              Someone has to post something. This is a new
              series I am working on. It started out as a
              tornado but the background looks more like smoke
              from a fire so I have called it firestorm.

              Gary

              Gary W. Priester
              www.Custom-Stereograms.com
              47 Tejon Cañon Road
              Placitas, New Mexico USA
              87043-9139
              505 867-5832

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto: 3D-Stereograms-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:3D-Stereograms-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Gary W. Priester
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 7, 2007
                At 04:39 PM 10/7/2007, you wrote:

                >Nice work Gary!
                >It's funny because I recently made a tornado
                >stereogram too, but unfortunately I can't post it.
                >3Dimka ;)

                So now people will think you copied me. :-)

                Gary

                Gary W. Priester
                www.Custom-Stereograms.com
                47 Tejon Cañon Road
                Placitas, New Mexico USA
                87043-9139
                505 867-5832
              • 3Dimka Bessmertny
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 7, 2007
                  Don't worry Gary, I do that all the time :) LOL
                  3Dimka ;)

                  At 04:39 PM 10/7/2007, you wrote:

                  >Nice work Gary!
                  >It's funny because I recently made a tornado
                  >stereogram too, but unfortunately I can't post it.
                  >3Dimka ;)

                  So now people will think you copied me. :-)

                  Gary

                  Gary W. Priester
                  www.Custom-Stereograms.com
                  47 Tejon Cañon Road
                  Placitas, New Mexico USA
                  87043-9139
                  505 867-5832

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:3D-Stereograms-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:3D-Stereograms-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Wojtek Rychlik

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
                      I looked at the picture before reading your caption, and I took it to be a tornado.  The spiriling at the bottom is not indicitive of a fire.  I think if the bottom covered a broader territory and had fewer spirals, the image would sell more convincingly as fire.  I suggest continued work on both the tornado and fire images.

                      I look forward to more of this beautiful and evocative work.

                      Thanks,
                      --Peter Ferber

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 20, 2007
                          Looks like we're playing with ChaosSeope.

                          Very nice.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 21, 2007
                              Cool looking objects.
                              Wojtek

                              On Oct 20, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Gary W. Priester wrote:

                              New image, kind of.

                              Gary

                              Gary W. Priester