RE : Re: [3D-Stereograms] Re: Playing with StereogramsLab...

  • Barney Johnson
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2006
      Yes, I figured it was the same image, but how did you assign colors
      to the image to make it a grey scale depth map? Did you do it
      manually in Photoshop or is there a gradient which can be applied
      directly in Apophysis which assigns colors based on the z-position?

      Thanks, Barney

      --- In 3D-Stereograms@yahoogroups.com, Xavier Laine <c_o_r_x@...>
      wrote:

      > Exactly, it's the same image (without a color layer I deleted with
      Photoshop; I don't remember wich one, it's an old depth map - It's a
      depth map I made initially for another 3D software called "Bas
      Relief"). The very important point is to blur a lot the depth map in
      order to avoid intensive deformations.

      http://instantsretrouves.free.fr/divers/StereogramLab_TestConversion.
      > htm
      > >
      > > Thanks a lot for that tool !!!
      > >
      > > Xavier
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque
      > soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos
      > connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.
      > >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > ---------------------------------
      > Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque
      soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos
      connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.

    • Xavier Laine
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2006
        I don't think such a gradient in Apophysis exists.
        If you look at my 3D picture, you can see that the nearest points are the most luminous too. So I think that if you convert the original fractal into grayscale and play with contrast or other parameters, you should get a good depth map. Sometimes I add some gradient when there's a contrast too much abrupt. Et don't forget to blur the depth map.

        I would like to send you the two originals files,but I'm not at home during several days.

        (and sorry for my bad english spoken. It's hard for me to tellexactly what I want)

        Xavier.