Re: Hello from KE5QFC

  • j.romero16
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
      Welcome steve glad to see you in here.

      --- In 3880AMTexasHamRadio@yahoogroups.com, STEPHEN KRIVOY <stevekrivoy@...> wrote:

      > I am glad to be a member of this group that is dedicated to 3.880 MC. Of
      > course we communicate on other bands and freqs but 3880 is a long standing
      > group of AMers in the AM. Hope to talk to all of you soon.
      > Regards, Steve

    • Larry Fuhs
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
        Hi Steve and Yogie!

        Been a busy day here cleaning up some old gear from an estate in San Antonio.  Lots of littles, but not any good ole boat anchor stuff.  Talked to N5CBW this morning on 3880, and KA5HRF and K5SEE yesterday morning and afternoon.  Everyone was testing out something.  My DX-100B
        developed a problem and blew a fuse in the rig this morning, so there must be some other component acting up.  The Alinco DX-77 does a pretty good job under decent conditions, so I switched over to it and Jerry couldn't tell the difference between 100 watts and 35 watts on air.  Excellent band conditions!

        Jerry is getting a couple of CB's up and running to have something to do.  He disassembled the cobbled up DX-100 I got from K-Comm.  Someone had converted it to 6 meters.  The transformers are nice to have around for an emergency transplant.  He has had a slight problem with his ART-13 military transmitter, but is enjoying the other DX-100 I took up to him.  Hard to tell the difference to me between the two.

        Good luck on the Eldorado Star party and Area 52.  Hope to visit out that way and bring the scope.  I am building a box for the scope, and need to get some foam for that project.

        73
        K5LAR
        Larry