Statesville Christmas Parade
- I would like to personally say congratulations and many thanks to all the Brethren and their families that helped make the Statesville Christmas Parade a great success this year. After two years of being hampered by weather the 2011 parade was everything we hoped it would be when the District took on this project.
We can't thank Brother Al Jones enough for all his hard work. Brother Al you are directly responsible for bring happiness to a lot of people this passed weekend.
Thanks also to the following:
1. To Harmony Lodge No. 299 for your collective support of this project.
2. To all the lodges that had a representative there to help.
3. To Brother Jerry Campbell for furnishing the truck, driver, and trailer for the 30th District float and most of the decorations on the float.
4. To the Brothers that got out early to mark off the spaces for floats and worked late to disassemble the same.
5. To all who helped decorate the 30th District float.
6. To the ones who directed the traffic to get the parade lined up.
7. Brother Al Gaylord please thank Santa for donating his time to ride on our float in the parade. There were a lot of little happy smiling faces along the parade route when they saw Santa.
8. Thanks to the Brothers in the crowd along the route for their presence.
It was an enjoyable day, thanks to all who helped or attended the parade. You set the bar this year and now we have a goal to shoot for. I challenge all the lodges in the district to support Brother Al and Harmony Lodge in any way possible to make the Christmas Parade in 2012 even better.
Merry Christmas to all my Brothers and their loved ones.
The Statesville Christmas Parade sponsored by the 30th Masonic District will be held on December 8, 2013. The parade starts at 3:00 PM. This is a 30th District Project started about 4 years ago. If you would like to help with the parade, be downtown Statesville in the parking lot across Center St. from the Civic Center at 12:30 PM the day of the parade or contact Brother Al Jones.
If anyone has extra Christmas decorations they could supply, we are in need of some to help with decorating the district float.
Brethren, please come out and support this event. We need lots of Masons present. If not to work, just to show our presence and interest in the community.