Re: NBEMS Activity on 30 Meters

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2011
      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Phil Williams <ka1gmn@...> wrote:

      > Hi Bill,
      >
      > Do you happen to know the times and frequencies yet? I tend to do some
      > testing on 30 meters quite a bit and would like to make sure that I am not
      > interfering w/ your net. Thanks.
      >
      > On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Bill <k0rgr@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > A group of NBEMS users is testing 10.135 (USB, 1000 Hz. audio center
      > > frequency) Olivia 8/500 and MT-63/500 in hopes of establishing a national
      > > NBEMS net there.
      > >
      > > If you're not familiar with NBEMS, it's a suite of programs that uses
      > > FLDIGI to send and receive messages. It can do a number of different
      > > message formats, including NTS and ICS. The messages are sent as text files
      > > (can be binary, but VERY slow) and the received files can be displayed in a
      > > number of ways, forwarded via email, or read and handled locally.
      > >
      > > Here's a marvelous opportunity for 30 meter digital fans to get on board
      > > with NBEMS and stir up new 30 meter activity. There are a number of
      > > NBEMS'ers around the country monitoring.
      > >

      > --
      > philw de ka1gmn

      They were listening all day on 10.135. However, after one day, they decided that the skip on 30 meters is too short, because the stations in the east didn't work anyone west of Minnesota. So, they are looking for a new spot on 20 meters. I was a little surprised at the conditions around midday yesterday, too, with contacts from 30-50 miles away. I heard at least one California station loud and clear,but apparently they couldn't hear him to the East.