Re: Proposal for IMD reporting: "RSI" reports

  • kc2qfr
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2011
      I doubt that at the variety of transceivers, sound cards and the software use, and propagation effects, that a measure of IMD from a digitized signal from a PC sound card is of much use for an IMD report.

      Has anyone compare your digitized receive spectrum to that from a Spectrum Analyzer? I no longer have access to one since I retired but it would be nice to see the results be published here.

      I judge the signal quality by the signal bandwidth (width), and number of IMD products (spurs).

      We might consider something like this:

      A. Typical 70 hz width and no observable spurs you are a XX9
      B. 1 set of spurs XX8,
      C. 2 Sets of spurs XX5.
      D. If you really wipe out the band you are XX1

      73 de KC2QFR Fred