RTTY on 10.1 MHz?

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11 8:21 AM
      I am in the process of updating the 30m Band Utilization Chart, and have
      just realized that I omitted the continuous RTTY signal right at the
      bottom end of the band (10.10065-10.10110 MHz). It is very strong here
      in the UK 24/7.

      As far as I am aware, this signal emanates from the Deutsche
      Wetterdienst station DDK9 in Hamburg. 50 baud, 450Hz shift.

      Can someone confirm, or otherwise?

      Ian, G3NRW

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12 7:35 AM
        From: Thomas F. Giella <thomasfgiella@...>
        Date: 12 August 2011 15:02:54

        >30 Meter Band Digital Activity -30MDGDDK9 Hamburg Germany
        >
        >10102.400 kc
        >425 Shift
        >50 baud
        >Inverted

        Thomas

        Can you point me to the source of this information? It doesn't tally
        with the observed signal here, which occupies (approximately)
        10.10065-10.10110 MHz; that is, well below 10102.400.

        Ian, G3NRW

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12 8:36 AM
          Following up my own post, I have now found the details, at:

          http://www.dwd.de/sendeplan

          They put the center frequency at 10.100800, which makes the upper and
          lower limits to be 10.100575 and 10.101025 (that is, 10.100800 +/-
          225Hz).

          I will add this to the chart.

          Ian, G3NRW

          The 30m Band Utilization Chart: