Re: [30MDG] Wspr

  • Jeff Moore
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2011
      I'm all for experimentation, however this would be more akin to trying to use a fork as a screwdriver - just not suited for the task.

      Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2011
        Hi all...

        Unless I have it wrong....the original suggestion was to only use WSPR to find a spot of another operator....then make contact using another digital mode..

        John
      • G8SQH
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 27, 2011
          Dear Harold

          Look at wsprnet.org - there you can see what all the wspr listeners are hearing. That gives you a decent idea where the propagation is. Doesn't actually give a callsign to try - most of the wspr stations are unmanned, but add in pskreporter and you have a fairly good idea where's on

          For me, I discovered that W1JT needed to be >-16dB here for it to be worthwhile calling the East coast on PSK31 - but I am only running 1W from a Softrock. You will quickly get an idea what wspr strength is enough - just remember to add in their TX dB level.

          All my contacts beyond 4500 miles have needed a better mode than PSK31 - contestia or domino are good, mfsk16 isn't bad. 30m will yield decent DX if you are patient (or have a very good antenna). Contestia will work signals you can no longer see or hear - can be slightly spookey!

          73

          --David G8SQH

          --
          <djch-yahoo@...>