Weekend more than just making many contacts

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2011
      GE,
      One more post then BTU..........

      I had a few ops over the weekend as how many contacts I made and athough I make a number of them what for me it was all about was not the contacts but...meeting other 30mdg members, or non-30mdg members that like digital modes..experimenting...learning...helping others...teting power levels or antennas/prop etc..all fun to me.

      I feel I have a decent station with a yagi for 30m and I do well on the band but if you think my log is full it is not...I'm not must of a DXer although I will work the DX if there...not much of a paper chaser although I like to QSL and do work towards some 30mdg awards using U30 but I have no awards on my wall...BUT what I do like doesn't make the log book filled but taking the time to work others and experiment or get to know them in a ragchew to me is fine..spend hours doing this so those that work fast might work 10 stations while I work one with a 30min to 1 hour QSO..its all good.

      I had a number of long qso's over the weekend and some switching modes and experimenting and some just ragchews but below is one I don't mind sharing and what I think the weekend was about to share with others and experiment.

      Thanks
      Don KB9UMT 30mdg#0001
      www.30mdg.net

      From 1810z to 1918z 6/4/11 W3ZKU Ross in PA...modes worked Throb4,FH,THor4, Olivia 8/250

      CQ CQ CQ de kb9umt kb9umt kb9umt
      CQ CQ CQ de kb9umt kb9umt kb9umt pse k

      CQ CQ CQ de kb9umt kb9umt kb9umt
      CQ CQ CQ de kb9umt kb9umt kb9umt pse k

      QRZ QRZ DE W3FKUYW3ZKU W3ZKU PSE K

      W3ZKU W3ZKU DE KB9UMT TU FOR REPLY UR REPORT 599 599 599
      NAME IS DON DON QTH IS PEORIA IL IL EN50DP EN50DP
      HW CPY? BTU W3ZKU DE KB9UMT BK

      HIS CALLCIGN DE W3ZKU ....
      SIRRY DON I HIZ ZHE WRONG BUTTON FB ON YOUR XIGANL AMOST 100 P COPY THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I EVER YUSED THRONB AT ALL BTU YOU KB9UMT DE W3ZKU

      W3ZKU DE KB9UMT FB ROSS GOOD SIG TODAY NICE TO BE UR FIRST THROB4 QSO/CONTACT BAND IN DECENT SHAPE JUST TOO NICE OUT SO EVERYONE MUST BE
      OUTSIDE OR PLAYING ON OTHER BANDS NICE TO MEET YOU AND SEE UR 30MDG 1583 MY 30MDG 0001 BTU ROSS W3ZKU DE KB9UMT

      KB9UMT DE W3ZKU ...,FB TI LIKE THIS MODE BUT YOU HAVE TO TYPE WELL. DON I APPI 6I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR PROMOTING THESE VARIOUS MODE THAT I ALAWAYS WNATER TRY . I ALLOT OF FUN TO HAVE5C DAY LIKE THIS THANKS FOR PROMOTING THS ANDLETS ,8 I AGAIN WHNE THE DAY INAS IS NOT SO NICE.. I'LL SAY73 FOR NOW KB9UMT DE W3ZKU

      W3ZKU DE KB9UMT FB ON ALL THANK YOU FOR KIND WORDS AND TU YOU FOR
      PARTICIPATING DON'T WORRY ABT TYPING WE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT HI ANY
      OTHER MODE YOU WANT TO TRY OR CURIOUS ABOUT? WE CAN TRY ANOTHER IF YOU
      WISH....BAND NOT BUSY TODAY...UP TO YOU BTU W3ZKU DE KB9UMT BK

      KB9UMT DE W3ZKU W3ZKU KN

      KB9UMT DE W3ZKU ....
      WRONG/BUTTON AGAIN YES ID LIKE TO TRY FELDHEILL
      KB9UMT KB9UMT DE W3ZKU W3ZKU KN

      FB ROSS YES, WE CAN TRY FH MODE YOU SWITCH OR I CAN AND WE GIVE FH A TRY OK? BTU W3ZKU DE KB9UMT

      KB9UMT DE W3ZKU ....
      OK ILL SWITCH

      KB9UMT de W3ZKU ...yes this is very slow a better mode for me to type in i can almost stay ahead of the mode hi thanks for all this help Im
      going to tke a moment to look for the next modehow about olivia

      >>> FB no problem Olivia ok or Contestia...I will switch to Olivia now ...W3ZKU de KB9UMT

      >>> No decode here Olivia at times touchy unlike Contestia mode try agn btu W3ZKU de KB9UMT bk

      KB9UMT de W3ZKU ....

      So BTU Don, KB9UMT de W3ZKU k

      >>> FB Ross all 599 599 cpy 100% let's lower wattage for fun...between QSB and lower wattage let's see if we can get in the noise more hi... at 20w now 20w now.........now at 10w 10w now 10w still cpy I hope........now at 5w 5w qrp 5w qrp hw nw? btu W3ZKU de KB9UMT bk

      KB9UMT de W3ZKU ....

      >>> Ross cpy ur signal vy well no issues just no print hi not sure you typed anything I'm still at QRP 5w pwr btu W3ZKU de KB9UMT bk

      KB9UMT de W3ZKU ....Fb don yes I copy about 90 % there were a few drop outs near the end of you transmission I am at 20 watts now........ about 5waatss now

      >>> All 100% Ross even at 5w ur qrp all good ....will go lower now.....ok nw at 1w 1w qrpp QRPP pwr at 1w still cpy? hw nw? btu

      W3ZKU de KB9UMT bk

      KB9UMT de W3ZKU ........FB when you went ti 1 Watt I was copying fB and you calls were fine o this is a robost mode that I'll keep in mind So BTU Don, KB9UMT de W3ZKU k

      >> FB TU Ross still 1w 1w QRPP lower? ok.........I'm showing 0 w on ic756 0w on ic756 on Diawa CN801 mtr showing 0w 0w so vy little or so low I can't measure well so MW Im sure hi hi mw mw mw QRPPP cpy? BTU W3ZKU de KB9UMT bk

      .......... heris wat your copy look like at 0 w "till 1w 1w QRPP lower? ok.........I'm showing X w on ic756 0w" don this is amazing I'm
      really impressed KB9UMT de w3zku k

      or Weaksignal cpy if you find the band poor and QSB switch to QBPSK first, then other modes like THOR or DomeoX then next best is Olivia and Contestia to me even better not as touch to link up as Olivia but Olivia and Contestia will get to the noise or in it easy the next for
      weakest would be JT65 mode I wanted you to see what this mode can do TU forsticking with me...btu W3ZKU de KB9UMT bk

      KB9UMT de W3ZKU .... fb Back 100 % copy i really am impressed with the mode iknow a lot of people in the RAaces area are try to develope a robust system for commuincation ans this certling should be comsidered. I Willhave to end this qso but i am very greatful to you for showing me these modes Don. I 'll say 73 And I'll be on the band tomorrow to see what around

      >>> TU also Ross my pleasure cuagn my friend best health and DX W3ZKU de
      KB9UMT bye bye Ross sk sk