Re: 30 Meter Multi Mode Weekend Jun 4/5

  • sholtofish
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
      Boy things sure have come on a long way since you started the group Don! Good job.

      I will be QRV on 30m for the digital weekend in the following modes:

      Amtor
      Pactor-1
      Pactor-2
      Robust Packet
      Regular "vanilla" 300 baud Packet

      - just in case anyone wants an error-free qso!

      I doubt there will be room on the band but if there is I am also happy to try a Pactor-3 qso with anyone.

      73

      Sholto
      K7TMG

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > If RSID is not being use please reference this link from FLDIGI on the Sight & Sounds of different digital modes that might help you determine what mode is being heard/seen on your waterfall:
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.20/Modes/index.htm
      >
      > CW 10.100 – 10.130
      > http://www.fists.org
      > http://www.skccgroup.com/index.html
      > http://naqcc.info/
      > http://home.windstream.net/yoel/
      >
      > FeldHell - 10.132 – 10.136
      > http://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/
      > http://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/Home/feld-hell-faq
      > http://www.feldhellclub.org
      >
      > SSTV MP73-N (<500hz) 10.132 (every Saturday Net 1700-1900z)
      > http://amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=K3UK%27s_Quick_and_Dirty_Guide_to_Narrow_Bandwidth_SSTV
      >
      > WSPR – 10.140
      > http://wsprnet.org
      > http://wsprnet.org/drupal/wsprnet/spots
      > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wspr.html
      >
      > PropNet - 10.1405
      > http://www.propnet.org
      >
      > WSJT – JT65 – 10.139
      > http://jt65-hf.sourceforge.net/
      > http://jt65.w6cqz.org/
      > http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php
      > http://groups.google.com/group/jt65-hf
      > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/
      >
      > PSK31 10.140 – 10.142
      > Try some PSK modes – BPSK31,BPSK63,BPSK125,QPSK31,QPSK63,QPSK125
      >
      > Olivia – 10.142 – 10.145
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oliviadata/
      >
      > Contestia – 10.142 – 10.145
      > http://www.oliviamode.com/Contestia.htm
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.20/Contestia.html
      >
      > MFSK – 10.142 – 10.144 (or even try MFSK SSTV/PICS)
      > http://www.qsl.net/z/zl1bpu/MFSK/
      > http://f6cte.free.fr/SSTV_IN_MFSK16_EASY_WITH_MULTIPSK.doc
      >

      > ROS – 10.143 – 10.145 (note: not legal in USA on HF)
      > http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/
      > http://ham2ham.com/room307_ros.php
      >
      > Try Some Multi-Mode Digital Software (Most have RSID):
      > http://www.ham-radio-delux.com (RSID)
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/fldigi.html (RSID)
      > http://www.mixw.net
      > http://f6cte.free.fr (RSID)
      > http://homepage.mac.com/chen/w7ay/cocoamodem/index/html
      >
      > Or try them all…common modes of CW,RTTY,BPSK31, less common BPSK63/125,QPSK63/125,FeldHELL,OLIVIA,CONTESTIA,WSPR,WSJT
      > JT65,SSTV-N,DOMINOEX,MT63,THROB,ALE400,ETC
      > http://www.30mdg.net/30%20Meter%20Band%20INFORMATION_Aug_2010.pdf
      >
      > Log in and try the new HamSpots page for Digital Modes and Groups to announce what mode you are trying or if you are having trouble others can help:
      > http://hamspots.net/30mdg/
      >
      > Couple other links for multi-mode users:
      > http://f1ult.free.fr/DIGIMODES/MULTIPSK/digimodesF6CTE_en
      > http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm
      >
      > ***Please note we are secondary users of the 30 Meter Band and to use good operating procedures
      > http://www.30mdg.net/tips.html
      >
      > Have fun and hope to see you on the waterfall!
      >
      > Thanks from the 30 Meter Digital Group (30MDG) celebrating 5,000 members!

    • John M
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
        Hi All...

        People will need to be up early in the morning if you want to make contacts into VK...

        It can be done as I have had a number of Contacts with Florida and other States around 7 - 12 UTC.. using Olivia 16/500...

        John
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2011
          Hi Sholto K7TMG,

          Many thanks for the kind words! The group now runs itself because of the great 30m digi ops we have and the 30MDG Managers that really should get the credit...we have a good group and good support.

          Should be a fun weekend and hope some participate...hope you get some contacts on the modes listed you will be QRV on, please post back and let us know how you made out.

          Also...great to QSO with you last night as I had an hour QSO before you and I think about a 30 min QSO with you so the band was in great shape...your extended wire working good here so have fun at it.

          Oh yes...we remember your a big part of the start of all this too Sholto with your idea and program to post 30 Meter Spots which was before PSK Reporter came in to play so THANK YOU too!

          Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
          www.30mdg.net