RE: [30MDG] HFA 100 award

  • Scott Currier
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2011
      Hi Don, nice to hear from you again. That OV1 on CW was one of the stations that were s9 + 10db that nite. Very unusual. Ok on your weather. Didn't realize you guys got tornadoes. I did work ZL3GA I think it was around the time of my last post. Finished up the first ANZA award for me which was nice.

      Now I only need one more ZL call area and I'll have the ZL award.

      We had lightning on Saturday during the day, disconnected the antenna from the equipment and stayed off the air for most of the day because of it.

      I hope the tornado was relatively weak and didn't cause much damage.

      Thanks for the reply and I hope things are going well with you. Our spring is starting out well. No bad weather yet. For us the worst is usually in late May and June. We can count on a few tornadoes in New England here but they're usually relatively weak and short lived. Last summer I remember tornadoes in ME, VT, NH, and CT. Don't recall any here in MA

      73 and good dx.

      Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      From: don@...
      Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 20:02:54 +1200
      Subject: RE: [30MDG] HFA 100 award

      Scott I did listen this evening about 5.00 z two EU  (a pa9 and an ha)   stations calling cq that was it on jt65 and one on cw ( ov1 ). For me anyway.

      We have a nasty low pressure system to the west from one end of the country to the other and a cloud band on the east, full of lightening,  causing all sorts of noise, its been hanging about for days, causing a tornado a few miles away from me. That’s pretty rare in this part of the world. Its now winter and the heat generated by that system was well into the low 20’s.c  I have never in my life seen anything like it. So probably not going to work us down here for the next few days anyway.

      Don zl1atb

      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2011

        Tnx scott I will keep looking for you saw one Us station last night was all.

        The tornados are rare here  it took out a shopping mall and a building contractor was killed split his head open . someone said almost to the day that area had another tornado and one killed 20 years ago. And Christchurch had another aftershock ( 5.4 ) this morning that’s 5490  shocks so far  , when will it end

        Don zl1atb

        From: don@...
        Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 20:02:54 +1200

[...]

      • Siegfried Jackstien
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2011
          Don: it will end if you move to northern germany .... no tornados
          Mild winter and not to warm summer
          Greetz and good luck
          Dg9bfc
          Sigi

        • Scott Currier
          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2011
            The BBC had a nice report on that tornado, including some very good video.

            http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13273059

            Looks like a small but very violent funnel. I wonder what it will be rated at?

            2011 so far, and late 2010 have been a bad year for earthquakes and weather. Part of the US 4th call area was hit hard by tornadoes late last month.

            Wonder what we're going to get here in the North East, we're long overdue for a strong hurricane. We'll see.

            73 and good DX.

            Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

            To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
            From: don@...
            Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 08:46:09 +1200

            From: don@...
            Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 20:02:54 +1200

            Message 5 of 8 , May 9, 2011

              Sieg my niece lives in Germany she loves it, life has been very good to her, up until now. They are both architects, into art history.

               She’s had a brain damaged baby, and coming home to be with family .

              I guess no matter where you are things can go wrong.

              Don zl1atb

              Don: it will end if you move to northern germany .... no tornados
              Mild winter and not to warm summer
              Greetz and good luck
              Dg9bfc
              Sigi

            • Siegfried Jackstien
              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2011
                Agreed 100% ...
                Ny girl LEFT home on Saturday ...threw 3 years away ...
                We had planned to make the house better (building new rooms for eventually
                kids) ... marriage ... etc .... but now she left all
                How about sex? Oh no not for me as life is f...ing me every day
                Other mothers have also beauty daughters ...
                Sigi
                Life canbe so hard for sure