RE: [30MDG] Re : I'm interested to know

  • Scott Currier
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2011
      USA-CA is a tough award for DX. Over 5000 counties, lots not active.

      JT65 is like adding another 10 db to the link budget. It's easy to work and it works well.

      I think it could be quite helpful to you.

      From the north east part of the US it seems that it is possible to work EU around the clock.

      JT65 is so easy to work that if you're not really in a mood to operate the radio, you can work JT65 while watching tv or talking to the wife.

      I use my notebook to control the shack computer. As I type this I am on jt65 on 30.

      73 and good luck.

      Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      From: Gzerogqk@...
      Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:39:15 +0000
      Subject: [30MDG] Re : I'm interested to know

      Hello Scott,

      Seems that JT65MF is becoming popular in the US, not concerned much about the Worked All States, I did it in about 3 months in 1987, not wishing to mention anything about trumpets and how they are blown !

      I got as far as about 1600 US counties until the bands died about 1992, and honestly they haven't been the same since those golden years. I pick up a new county now about once every 6 months. Later I started using PSK because the bands were so bad it was impossible to hold a contact on SSB and the only squares available were in Europe and SSB users wouldn't know what a locator square was even if it smacked 'em in the mouth !

      Thanks for the list of hams in Alaska, I'd really like to contact at least one, but the wind will need to be blowing that way because there's as much chance of me contacting Alaska as the man in the moon !

      I've applied to join the Google JT65MF group but its poor when compared with Yahoo, still no reply from the group and I can't even get to read the mail to find out how it ticks.

      However I might get some new squares and counties but the US is off the map at present unless its in the evening 20.00 UTC on 20metres, and I don't have enthrusiasm at that time.

      Mel G0GQK

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2011
        Hi Mel, yes I do use JT65A, but wondered what JT65MF was.
        It might be a finger on keyboard error.
        73
        Barry M0IOW
      • raf3151019
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2011
          Hello Laurie, No it wasn't your group, but I will be putting in a request at some time soon. The problem was Google, they were not responding to my request for a confirmation e mail to join Google but I kept receiving a message that one had been sent. Google was sending me a message stating I didn't have security clearance or something.

          However, all is now well, but I still have to wait for a confirmation of acceptance to the jt65-hf group. Thanks for your interest, and I trust you are in fine fettle.

          Mel G0GQK