Re: Re :RI1FJ Franz Josef Land

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2011
      ... and then people wonder why such dx station shuts down, on top insulting them on the clusters.
      One problem is that many hams simply don't keep a log so they don't know in general whom they worked or not.
      The second and worse problems is that many hams do not listen; they see a call on the cluster, click on it and blast off. Dial knob? What's that?
      That's what I intended to show when we discussed the "zoo": they do not know the peculiarities of the different bands because usually they don't do conventional QSOs, thus lured by the cluster news they jump around without respect for anyone or anything. Sked or not, who cares?
      Worst are those who do not hear the dx stn even, firing out their own calls blindly, later boasting around "oh I tried working XXnxXX but too big a pile-up..."
      Finally we got those who try to do CW-dx high speed with certain programs, but who are unable to hear and identify their own calls at 5 wpm even. I am not wondering about anything any more.
      But this is life on air these days. Rob in NZ told me about his hair-raising daily experiences ...
      cuagn vy73 Fred DL6XAZ