RI1FJ - Franz Josef Land

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2011
      Hi all,
      28th March about 20z there was RI1FJ in rtty on 10139, beautiful signal. And what did we witness? I usually refrain from naming calls or countries, but here I got to: S59A in acid arguments with R1FJ because he didn't come back to his call and other remarks, typed very slowly by hand. Now, having to read such - let us call it - nonsense when dozens of others would have liked to work that excellent operator I know from previous CW QSO, is a slap into the face of good operating. No wonder that this rather rare stn did switch off. It wasn't only me getting mad.
      Well, S59A is another one getting on my secret blacklist, not to be worked.
      But now I can understand better attitudes taken by dx-stns who are constantly beleaguered and subject to similar stupid remarks, intentional QRM and other things we don't like having in ham radio, and even less on 30m where usually we enjoy good manners. We get black sheep everywhere in our society, no doubt, but this one was using too much black ink.
      Stepping down from soap box.
      vy73 Fred DL6XAZ