Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Does PropNetPSK also allow QSO's

  • Ev Tupis
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
      Hi Sam,

      Ahhhh. Reading The Fine Manual doesn't apply to PropNetPSK...'cause I never took the time to write it (NUTS!...quit making me feel like such a slacker!).

      I'll try to fill-in the blanks for you, Sam.

      Yes, PropNetPSK allows for keyboard-to-keyboard QSO's to take place. I'm doing this from memory, so if I'm a little inaccurate, please forgive me. To "enable" keyboard QSO's you "Disable PropNET" That is the option that you look for in the drop menu's.

      Additionally, PropNetPSK includes a function called "QSO Alarm". It has three "levels" of sensitivity, Low, Medium and High. If PropNetPSK copies it's call sign being sent by another station, it can alert the operator and automatically open the keyboard QSO system for the operator, or simply beep or close a relay that can page the operator. It is a fairly advanced feature that we're attempting to test better.

      hth!

      Kind regards,
      Ev, W2EV

      that gives answers, not web links.