Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Does PropNetPSK also allow QSO's

  • Fr. Johnny
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
      I do not use the QSO Alarm but did a search on the Propnet Yahoo group and this is what I found. You may want to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PropNET-Online if your not a member yet and ask the question as there's lots of help there.....73 Johnny KD5LWU

      Most folks run unattended...HOWEVER (emphasis, not shouting)...PropNetPSK has
      a "QSO Alarm" function built-in. It allows the operator to be alterted if
      someone attempts a QSO with them. This function is associated with either a
      screen popup or a serial port relay-closure signal that can trip a buzzer, etc.
      This allows folks to be prepared for a keyboard QSO from fairly great distances
      from the transceiver.

      Sam Morgan wrote:

      I'm a bit confused, does PropNetPSK also allow QSO's like digipan does?
      Or do I need to close PropNetPSK and open up Digipan to work a station?
      I don't really understand the QSO Alarm part either? Yes I have tried to rtfm
      and didn't see/or/understand what I needed to know.
      --
      GB & 73's
      KA5OAI

    • Fr. Johnny

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
          Hi Sam,

          Ahhhh. Reading The Fine Manual doesn't apply to PropNetPSK...'cause I never took the time to write it (NUTS!...quit making me feel like such a slacker!).

          I'll try to fill-in the blanks for you, Sam.

          Yes, PropNetPSK allows for keyboard-to-keyboard QSO's to take place. I'm doing this from memory, so if I'm a little inaccurate, please forgive me. To "enable" keyboard QSO's you "Disable PropNET" That is the option that you look for in the drop menu's.

          Additionally, PropNetPSK includes a function called "QSO Alarm". It has three "levels" of sensitivity, Low, Medium and High. If PropNetPSK copies it's call sign being sent by another station, it can alert the operator and automatically open the keyboard QSO system for the operator, or simply beep or close a relay that can page the operator. It is a fairly advanced feature that we're attempting to test better.

          hth!

          Kind regards,
          Ev, W2EV

          that gives answers, not web links.