New here.

  • Carlos Fonseca - CT1GFQ
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
      Hello all.
      My name is Carlos, and my call is CT1GFQ, from Almada, portugal.Glad to be part of this group.

      I'm testing the PropNetPSK, but i don't have good results.
      What is the best day of activity to listen here in Portugal ??

      73's to All.

      Carlos, CT1GFQ

    • Sam Morgan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
        Carlos Fonseca - CT1GFQ wrote:

        > Hello all.
        > My name is Carlos, and my call is CT1GFQ, from Almada, portugal.Glad to
        > be part of this group.
        >
        > I'm testing the PropNetPSK, but i don't have good results.
        > What is the best day of activity to listen here in Portugal ??

        Carlos,
        I'm also new to the list so others may have more information for you.
        I looked at the http://propnet.org web site and then clicked on the:
        Last 24 hours -/- 30m -/- EU selection ... and it shows there was very little
        activity from EU on 30m over the last 24 hrs. There was an I091SX and a G70GX,
        I'm not sure they may be listing only stations?

        I know the bands have been pretty bad the last few days, so I don't know if that
        is the reason for the low activity from your area of the world or if there is
        just not that many hams in you area that are using the software yet. You may
        need to talk to your friends to get them on the air with PropNetPSK to create
        some interest.

        If you are just looking for a way to see the propagation possibilities. I use
        VOAProp for a nice visual of the conditions. G4ILO even has a linux version that
        runs under wine now. http://www.g4ilo.com/voaprop.html

        Good Luck, wish my antenna was able to copy your signals but it's only 20' high.

        --
        GB & 73's
        KA5OAI
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
          Carlos welcome to the group! On ProNet when someone is not in Transmit mode it will only give their Grid square so if you see a call sign on the Propnet Map they are in TX/RX mode. Hope to print you on the map this weekend 73 from Cortez, Colorado USA DM57RI KD5LWU

          Sam Morgan wrote:

          Carlos Fonseca - CT1GFQ wrote:

          > Hello all.
          > My name is Carlos, and my call is CT1GFQ, from Almada, portugal.Glad to
          > be part of this group.
          >
          > I'm testing the PropNetPSK, but i don't have good results.
          > What is the best day of activity to listen here in Portugal ??

          Carlos,
          I'm also new to the list so others may have more information for you.
          I looked at the http://propnet. org web site and then clicked on the:
          Last 24 hours -/- 30m -/- EU selection ... and it shows there was very little
          activity from EU on 30m over the last 24 hrs. There was an I091SX and a G70GX,
          I'm not sure they may be listing only stations?

          I know the bands have been pretty bad the last few days, so I don't know if that
          is the reason for the low activity from your area of the world or if there is
          just not that many hams in you area that are using the software yet. You may
          need to talk to your friends to get them on the air with PropNetPSK to create
          some interest.

          If you are just looking for a way to see the propagation possibilities. I use
          VOAProp for a nice visual of the conditions. G4ILO even has a linux version that
          runs under wine now. http://www.g4ilo. com/voaprop. html

          Good Luck, wish my antenna was able to copy your signals but it's only 20' high.

          --
          GB & 73's
          KA5OAI
          Sam Morgan

        • Ian Wade
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
            In message <47041446.5080804@...>, Sam Morgan
            <ka5oai@...> writes

            >I looked at the http://propnet.org web site and then clicked on the:
            >Last 24 hours -/- 30m -/- EU selection ... and it shows there was very little
            >activity from EU on 30m over the last 24 hrs. There was an I091SX and a G70GX,
            >I'm not sure they may be listing only stations?

            Hmmmm. I am located at IO91sx, and over the last couple of days I have
            been playing with PropNet for the first time. "Playing" is the operative
            word, just finding out how to do things.

            I was in Lurker mode, listening to random noise on the PC's audio input
            (no radio connected), and blissfully unaware that I had sent anything to
            the PropNet site!

            Or there may be someone else in IO91sx ....?

            Hopefully I will get everything set up properly by the weekend and can
            submit some proper PropNet reports.

            Ian, G3NRW

            QTH: Harlington, Mid-Bedfordshire
            Ref: IO91sx

            See the chimney on my house and my daughter's red car on the driveway:
            http://maps.google.com/maps?q=51.966104,+-0.4894024&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=3%20%20&om=1