Re: [30MDG] Re: Contest Weekend

  • Joe Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
      At my location when 30 meters does open it's usually in the 400 to 700 mile range. However, it's more often not propagating at all. Yes, Fred that does make it boring.
      73 – Joe W2JLB

      On 1/9/2011 4:35 PM, dl6xaz wrote:

      quote
      I really hope to see some openings on 30 again soon, the band has not been good
      here at all, though VOAProp does show openings at times.
      unquote

      Hi Richard,
      fully agree with your observation; it has been poorish, so to say.
      As for contesting, my salvation are the WARC-bands because I only do the one or other handful of contest contacts when I intend to test something, either program or equipment. But as our French friends say so well "chacun à son goût"...
      So, let's hope that 30m improve as for the time being it is a bit boring being there.
      vy73 Fred DL6XAZ