RE: [30MDG] Re: Lack of JT65 Activity.

  • Scott Currier
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 23, 2010
      You're quite welcome Dave.

      When I first starting operating on 30 JT65 I noticed that the .139 frequency seemed a bit high of reality and I went down a bit lower so that I wouldn't miss any JT65 stations. Because we're using USB, if I set the radio at .139, I'm not going to hear anything below .139. If I set the radio to .137.5 then I'll hear from 137.8 to about 139.5, and up to 140.2 out of the display of JT65HF. So 10.137 or 10.137.5 is a good spot on 30.

      I have made only one JT65 contact up on 10.147.

      With the plethora of digital modes, I think it does make sense to spread activity from 10.125 or 10.130 up to 10.150. As a cw op I don't feel any need for more than 25 kHz of cw space on 30.

      Our rules do not limit us to 200 hz below .140 but if that is the case in many countries then it may make sense to keep the wider modes up high and the narrower ones down below .140.

      Please let us know of any countries that you know of that have a 200 cycle limit in any part of the 30 meter band. It's good to know, if I were to CQ using a wide mode below 10.140 and don't get any answers, then I'll at least know why :)

      30 is an excellent DX band, especially on CW. Lots of DX.

      73 and good dx.

      Have a nice Christmas.

      Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      From: g3zxx.mail@...
      Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:56:20 +0000
      Subject: [30MDG] Re: Lack of JT65 Activity.

      Hi Scott,

      Thank you for the very interesting and detailed reply.

      Much to ponder over.

      Fine on the frequencies that you use.

      Cheers & 73
      Dave, G3ZXX