Report last few weeks on PSK and JT65a

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2010
      GM,

      Thought I would just post a report from what I have been seeing from EN50 Peoria IL.

      For PSK traffic on 30m I would say that the participation on 30m PSK for NA/USA is to me still low for activity until 1700z to 2300z and for the most part more activity on the weekends here in NA/USA. I noticed that both ED WB6YTE and Myself (KB9UMT) seem to be hard pressed to be on the PSK Reporter top 30m Monitor Statistics Report...from 65 to 100 30m PSK spots might be our top at the moment for a 24 hour period against G8SQH SM7UFR or Richard PA3GHW showing over 200 from EU so EU is still busier than NA for 30m PSK activity. I have to note that I still think that in the past months that the EU Spotters were spotting more around the 300 to 400 mark so to me even the EU 30m activity might be bit lower than back in mid-year but I will let the EU folks report on that.

      The last two weekends I have had very good signals from EU station on PSK/RTTY/CW so the better propagation was good to see here in Central USA EN50dp.

      I can also report that other digital modes that are wider and better weaker signal digital modes are alive and well on 30m because I see many using Olivia and Contestia above 10.142 (RTTY DX good too taking the top half of 30m many times so good to see the DX RTTY).

      JT65a....seems the JT65a 30m activity has died down some from past couple months but still very activity and great to see this weaksignal mode and activity on 30m band.

      Here are some of the JT65a 30m ops that I can report busy on the bands from EN50 Peoria IL:

      JT65a 30m ops last week or so:

      DX:
      KH6SAT
      F8RZ
      PA3GWH
      M0IOW
      DL6XAZ
      F1ABL
      EA3GJA
      VA3WD
      9H1ZZ
      UX2SB
      G0IEQ
      G3ZXX
      JA2ACI
      OK6CS
      ZL3IN
      ZS4SS
      G4ENZ

      NA:
      W5GW
      WB6CZG
      W6MSU
      WH6IO
      KE1AF
      N4UPX
      KE7KUS
      W7GBB
      K0TPP
      WB4RQD
      K0IDT
      WB0PTO
      AK1P
      KC2QIL
      K8QI
      N9JCA
      WT9S
      W5CW
      N7NTQ
      WA2HYO
      KG6WK
      N4ABN
      N5UKZ
      KD0AGX

      If you haven't tried JT65a then please give it a try and as you can see there is a good group of ops using this mode and this mode will produce contacts when other digital modes fail...it is a great weaksignal mode.

      GL on the band
      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

      oh yes...info on JT65a if needed:

      If you are new to this JT65a mode I would suggest starting with JT65a-HF software/program that makes it much easier to use than WSJT (your PC clock must be exact)

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/jt65-hf/

      Info for JT65a freqs, spots, reverse beacons:
      http://jt65.w6cqz.org/

      http://w6cqz.org/

      http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php

      More infro from HFLink: