Re: [30MDG] Re: Contestia Special Characters

  • Robert Sheskin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      You can use narrow band sstv MP73-N. At least I have used it in the past with a few other ops. 10.132 is where the activity was. If you want to give it a shot shoot me an email off list and we can try to swap pics. If you look under my call in the group pictures I posted what I had received on a previous 30MDG weekend.
      73,
      Bob N3PPH

      On 12/1/2010 9:26 AM, Joe Brown wrote:

      Yeah Terry, I was surprised how fast the band shut down.

      You had asked about the "legality" of sending pictures on 30 meters. In my reply (which you didn't receive) I said sending pictures using MFSK was fine. But, I don't know about SSTV. I seem to remember something about bandwidth. Perhaps someone here can address that.

      73 – Joe W2JLB

      On 12/1/2010 5:58 AM, segwin wrote:

      Hi Joe!

      I was working Contestia with Joe yesterday as a matter of fact. Towards the end of our QSO the band just shut right down - brought an abrupt end to the nice conversaton.

      Sorry about that Joe and hope to see you again.

      Terry / K8TJM