Re: Contestia Special Characters

  • segwin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi Joe!

      I was working Contestia with Joe yesterday as a matter of fact. Towards the end of our QSO the band just shut right down - brought an abrupt end to the nice conversaton.

      Sorry about that Joe and hope to see you again.

      Terry / K8TJM

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Joe Brown <w2jlb1@...> wrote:

      > A while back I was trying to determine what "special characters"
      > Contestia will send. I really did not find a document that gave any
      > specifics.
      >
      > So, this morning I ran a test with Gary, WB8ROL on 30 meters using
      > Contestia.
      >
      > I was surprised to find out that although Contestia is all capital
      > letters it does transmit just about all of the special characters on the
      > keyboard. The only one it did not send was "^" which is the upper case
      > 6. I did not test the { } and [ ]. So it "may" pass those but I doubt it.
      >
      > --
      > 73 – Joe W2JLB

    • Joe Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
        Yeah Terry, I was surprised how fast the band shut down.

        You had asked about the "legality" of sending pictures on 30 meters. In my reply (which you didn't receive) I said sending pictures using MFSK was fine. But, I don't know about SSTV. I seem to remember something about bandwidth. Perhaps someone here can address that.

        73 – Joe W2JLB

        On 12/1/2010 5:58 AM, segwin wrote:

        Hi Joe!

        I was working Contestia with Joe yesterday as a matter of fact. Towards the end of our QSO the band just shut right down - brought an abrupt end to the nice conversaton.

        Sorry about that Joe and hope to see you again.

        Terry / K8TJM

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Joe Brown <w2jlb1@...> wrote:

        > A while back I was trying to determine what "special characters"
        > Contestia will send. I really did not find a document that gave any
        > specifics.
        >
        > So, this morning I ran a test with Gary, WB8ROL on 30 meters using
        > Contestia.
        >
        > I was surprised to find out that although Contestia is all capital
        > letters it does transmit just about all of the special characters on the
        > keyboard. The only one it did not send was "^" which is the upper case
        > 6. I did not test the { } and [ ]. So it "may" pass those but I doubt it.
        >
        > --
        > 73 – Joe W2JLB

      • Robert Sheskin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
          You can use narrow band sstv MP73-N. At least I have used it in the past with a few other ops. 10.132 is where the activity was. If you want to give it a shot shoot me an email off list and we can try to swap pics. If you look under my call in the group pictures I posted what I had received on a previous 30MDG weekend.
          73,
          Bob N3PPH