Contestia Special Characters

  • Joe Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2010
      A while back I was trying to determine what "special characters"
      Contestia will send. I really did not find a document that gave any
      specifics.

      So, this morning I ran a test with Gary, WB8ROL on 30 meters using
      Contestia.

      I was surprised to find out that although Contestia is all capital
      letters it does transmit just about all of the special characters on the
      keyboard. The only one it did not send was "^" which is the upper case
      6. I did not test the { } and [ ]. So it "may" pass those but I doubt it.

      --
      73 – Joe W2JLB
    • segwin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
        Hi Joe!

        I was working Contestia with Joe yesterday as a matter of fact. Towards the end of our QSO the band just shut right down - brought an abrupt end to the nice conversaton.

        Sorry about that Joe and hope to see you again.

        Terry / K8TJM

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Joe Brown <w2jlb1@...> wrote:

        > A while back I was trying to determine what "special characters"
        > Contestia will send. I really did not find a document that gave any
        > specifics.
        >
        > So, this morning I ran a test with Gary, WB8ROL on 30 meters using
        > Contestia.
        >
        > I was surprised to find out that although Contestia is all capital
        > letters it does transmit just about all of the special characters on the
        > keyboard. The only one it did not send was "^" which is the upper case
        > 6. I did not test the { } and [ ]. So it "may" pass those but I doubt it.
        >
        > --
        > 73 – Joe W2JLB

      • Joe Brown
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
          Yeah Terry, I was surprised how fast the band shut down.

          You had asked about the "legality" of sending pictures on 30 meters. In my reply (which you didn't receive) I said sending pictures using MFSK was fine. But, I don't know about SSTV. I seem to remember something about bandwidth. Perhaps someone here can address that.

          73 – Joe W2JLB

          On 12/1/2010 5:58 AM, segwin wrote:

          Hi Joe!

          I was working Contestia with Joe yesterday as a matter of fact. Towards the end of our QSO the band just shut right down - brought an abrupt end to the nice conversaton.

          Sorry about that Joe and hope to see you again.

          Terry / K8TJM

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Joe Brown <w2jlb1@...> wrote:

          > A while back I was trying to determine what "special characters"
          > Contestia will send. I really did not find a document that gave any
          > specifics.
          >
          > So, this morning I ran a test with Gary, WB8ROL on 30 meters using
          > Contestia.
          >
          > I was surprised to find out that although Contestia is all capital
          > letters it does transmit just about all of the special characters on the
          > keyboard. The only one it did not send was "^" which is the upper case
          > 6. I did not test the { } and [ ]. So it "may" pass those but I doubt it.
          >
          > --
          > 73 – Joe W2JLB

        • Robert Sheskin
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
            You can use narrow band sstv MP73-N. At least I have used it in the past with a few other ops. 10.132 is where the activity was. If you want to give it a shot shoot me an email off list and we can try to swap pics. If you look under my call in the group pictures I posted what I had received on a previous 30MDG weekend.
            73,
            Bob N3PPH