Re: When is everyone on? (psk31)

  • Kenneth Ezell
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      What is ham spot monitoring stations?

    • af6it
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
        Barry, I'd love to have some QSOs with folks on your side of the pond! I've logged virtually no EU stations. Best chances will be with a really robust mode like Olivia or Contestia. What hour do you tend to be on? I usually only get on once or twice a week, usually sometime between 22:30Z to maybe 01:00Z- late afternoon/early evening for me. Might be I need to find a time when EU isn't sound asleep?

        Stu AF6IT

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

        > Hello Stu AF6IT, there are plenty of us this side of the pond who would like
        > to work you in all different modes, things will get better soon I hope.
        > 73
        > Barry M0IOW 30MDG#013

      • af6it
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
          www.hamspots.net

          There are others as well, but hamspots works great for my purposes. Most are reports of actual QSO's or self posting that they are on a given frequency & mode looking for QSO's. But there are some automated receivers which will report call signs heard in CQ's for a given mode. (aka Hamspots monitoring stations) More esoteric modes don't get reported this way very often, but even not when it is a mode you wish to use this can still tell you where others in your area are being heard- meaning that you have a chance as well.

          Stu AF6IT

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Ezell" <ke7@...> wrote:

          > What is ham spot monitoring stations?

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
            Hi Stu AF6IT, I see you are on the west coast, I have not had many contacts
            over that far :-(
            I am retired so always willing to give it a go whenever it suits you or the
            conditions.
            73
            Barry M0IOW