Re: [30MDG] Re: ROS mode in EU or outside USA....what ROS mode on 30m

  • Eckersberger Peter
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 8, 2010
      Hi Don,

      In case you didn't succeed ... See the attachment. I hope it works.

      Add note: At least once a week will be an update available.

      73 de Pez,  OE3EPW
       <oe3epw@...>

      AR  SK

      Am 08.10.2010 04:39, schrieb Don:
      Hi Pez,

      Good suggestion and would love to do that but this poor ol Ham doesn't have a good connection I guess to the EU ROS download site and I have yet to get it to download (my version is very old I have when it first came out so not very good, would like the new version and maybe this weekend I will try again).

      Thanks
      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Eckersberger Peter <oe3epw@...> wrote:

        Hi Don,

      Just download and install the program. All your questions will be
      answered by doing so. The address for downloading is ...

      http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/

      73 de Pez,  OE3EPW
      <oe3epw@...>

      AR  SK

      Am 06.10.2010 03:29, schrieb Don:

      GE,
      Over the 30 Meter Digital Weekend I noticed that it seemed EU was heavy into ROS reporting to the clusters just like here that weekend JT65a was heavy.

      So my question to EU ops or others outside USA is what ROS mode/width are you using for ROS contacts on 30 meters?

      And where on 30 Meters is the ROS traffic?

      Thanks for any replies.

      Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net
      ps. note: not bringing up why USA is not using or if the mode is legal..just wondering on those that can use it what ROS mode or where on 30m it is being used (personally I wish USA ops could join in and exerpiment)

    • Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 9, 2010
        Hi Don, I've been trying to keep an up to date ROS frequency/mode list on my website. The frequency list seems to vary quite a lot and have noticed that over the past couple of months there have been well over 10 changes to the suggested operating frequencies list (these do not appear to be mentioned on the website, rather I find out by looking at the hard coded list in the program). There are still improvements that can be made and when work lets up I will make these suggestions to the author (not being able to select 500Hz mode on 12m (unless you fool the software be setting it a different band) seems very odd. i suppose the only way you can participate is to either do some receive only observations or perhaps do some split mode operation (say ROS for the DX station and Olivia or MFSK etc. for your TX) - I don't know if that would be legal or even possible but may be something to chew over.

        Have a look at the digital modes page on http://www.hfradio.org.uk

        73 de
        Sean Gilbert
        G4UCJ - G4001SWL - SWLR-ZN018

        Buckingham, Bucks. IO92MA
        TXR:    IC756pro
        RX:      Racal RA1792
        ANT 1: 40-10m OCF dipole @ 10m agl
        ANT 2: Wellbrook ALA1530 @ 3m agl
        30MDG: #0464; #0463L; EPC: #008L; #015L; NDG# 0163 CDG: #150
        DMC: #016SWL; #017SWL; #990;
        PODXS 070: #139
      • Phil Williams