Re: [30MDG] EQSL.CC

  • Glenn L. Roeser
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 23, 2010
      I have seen that on many a macro. I would think that instead of saying "No EQSL" that they could say "Paper QSL Only" or some such thing.
      Are we radio operators or "pen pals?" I live in the country and many locals still live way back in the hills without electricity or telephones, and that is the way they prefer it. But we as Hams like technology, so why use snail mail and paper cards at all? We pay our bills and use email over the Internet, so why not EQSL or LOTW, and now we can QSL over the QRZ website also!
      Very 73 to all,
      Glenn (WB2LMV)

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010

        My 2 cents....

        Personally, being retired, I chose to not spend my money on that sort of thing.

        I really don't care that much about "proof" that I made a contact, since I don't typically do contest work.

        So e-qsl works fine for me.  If you don't do e-qsl, no problem. I really don't need that confirmation.

        I do keep a supply of paper cards so that anyone that sends me a card directly will receive one in return ... as a courtesy only.

        If swapping qsl cards is important to you, by all means go for it.  But don't be so presumptuous as to be critical or question others that prefer not to participate.  It's a freaking HOBBY!  Do what is satisfying to you and don't worry about others.

        John

        N4CUS

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 4, 2010
          "Are we radio operators or "pen pals?"

          ka1gmn chuckles to himself quietly

        • Glenn L. Roeser
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 4, 2010
            I sent that out last week hihi. It took longer than a snail mail QSL! I better change my way of thinking!