Re: [30MDG] ISCAT tonight anyone?

  • Laurie, VK3AMA
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
      Google ISCAT Bandwidth and get the following...

      Modulation is 64-FSK keyed at 23.4 baud, so the total bandwidth is
      64*23.4 = 1500 Hz

      3 times the bandwidth limit or 500Hz for 30M in some countries.

      de Laurie, VK3AMA

      On 2/10/2010 9:32 AM, signalhz wrote:

      > 1809 bw
      >
      > On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:
      >> I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second
      >> transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0
      >> seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
      >> Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well
      >> with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see
      >> how it performs on HF.
      >> Glenn (WB2LMV)

    • signalhz
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
        You also need to know how to work the FSK441 and JT6M modes to understand how this program works.

        http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

        On 10/1/2010 5:35 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:

        Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
          Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.

          Jay - WT9S

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

          > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • jfreeman63
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
            I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.

            --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

            > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
            >
            > Jay - WT9S
            >
            > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • jfreeman63
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
              Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
              Jay = WT9S

              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

              > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
              >
              > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
              > >
              > > Jay - WT9S
              > >
              > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
              > > >

              > > > ________________________________

            • Glenn L. Roeser
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                Thanks for being my #1 ISCAT QSO also! Great fun
                Very 73 Glenn (WB2LMV)

                Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                Jay = WT9S

                --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                >
                > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                > >
                > > Jay - WT9S
                > >
                > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote: