Re: [30MDG] ISCAT tonight anyone?

  • signalhz
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_9.0_Supplement.pdf

      On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:

      I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0 seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
      Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see how it performs on HF.
      Glenn (WB2LMV)

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
        Google ISCAT Bandwidth and get the following...

        Modulation is 64-FSK keyed at 23.4 baud, so the total bandwidth is
        64*23.4 = 1500 Hz

        3 times the bandwidth limit or 500Hz for 30M in some countries.

        de Laurie, VK3AMA

        On 2/10/2010 9:32 AM, signalhz wrote:

        > 1809 bw
        >
        > On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:
        >> I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second
        >> transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0
        >> seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
        >> Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well
        >> with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see
        >> how it performs on HF.
        >> Glenn (WB2LMV)

      • signalhz
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
          You also need to know how to work the FSK441 and JT6M modes to understand how this program works.

          http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

          On 10/1/2010 5:35 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:

          Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
            Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.

            Jay - WT9S

            --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

            > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • jfreeman63
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
              I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.

              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

              > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
              >
              > Jay - WT9S
              >
              > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • jfreeman63
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                Jay = WT9S

                --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                >
                > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                > >
                > > Jay - WT9S
                > >
                > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                > > >

                > > > ________________________________

              • Glenn L. Roeser
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Thanks for being my #1 ISCAT QSO also! Great fun
                  Very 73 Glenn (WB2LMV)

                  Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                  Jay = WT9S

                  --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                  > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                  >
                  > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                  > >
                  > > Jay - WT9S
                  > >
                  > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote: