Re: [30MDG] ISCAT tonight anyone?

  • signalhz
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
      1809 bw

      On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:

      I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0 seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
      Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see how it performs on HF.
      Glenn (WB2LMV)

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
        Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
            Google ISCAT Bandwidth and get the following...

            Modulation is 64-FSK keyed at 23.4 baud, so the total bandwidth is
            64*23.4 = 1500 Hz

            3 times the bandwidth limit or 500Hz for 30M in some countries.

            de Laurie, VK3AMA

            On 2/10/2010 9:32 AM, signalhz wrote:

            > 1809 bw
            >
            > On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:
            >> I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second
            >> transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0
            >> seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
            >> Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well
            >> with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see
            >> how it performs on HF.
            >> Glenn (WB2LMV)

          • signalhz
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
              You also need to know how to work the FSK441 and JT6M modes to understand how this program works.

              http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.

                Jay - WT9S

                --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • jfreeman63
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                  I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.

                  --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                  > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                  >
                  > Jay - WT9S
                  >
                  > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • jfreeman63
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                    Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                    Jay = WT9S

                    --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                    > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                    >
                    > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                    > >
                    > > Jay - WT9S
                    > >
                    > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                    > > >

                    > > > ________________________________

                  • Glenn L. Roeser
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                      Thanks for being my #1 ISCAT QSO also! Great fun
                      Very 73 Glenn (WB2LMV)

                      Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                      Jay = WT9S

                      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                      > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                      >
                      > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                      > >
                      > > Jay - WT9S
                      > >
                      > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote: