Re: [30MDG] ISCAT tonight anyone?

  • Glenn L. Roeser
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
      I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0 seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
      Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see how it performs on HF.
      Glenn (WB2LMV)

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
        1809 bw

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
              Google ISCAT Bandwidth and get the following...

              Modulation is 64-FSK keyed at 23.4 baud, so the total bandwidth is
              64*23.4 = 1500 Hz

              3 times the bandwidth limit or 500Hz for 30M in some countries.

              de Laurie, VK3AMA

              On 2/10/2010 9:32 AM, signalhz wrote:

              > 1809 bw
              >
              > On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:
              >> I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second
              >> transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0
              >> seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
              >> Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well
              >> with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see
              >> how it performs on HF.
              >> Glenn (WB2LMV)

            • signalhz
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                You also need to know how to work the FSK441 and JT6M modes to understand how this program works.

                http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.

                  Jay - WT9S

                  --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • jfreeman63
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                    I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.

                    --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                    > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                    >
                    > Jay - WT9S
                    >
                    > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                    > >

                    > > ________________________________

                  • jfreeman63
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                      Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                      Jay = WT9S

                      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                      > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                      >
                      > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                      > >
                      > > Jay - WT9S
                      > >
                      > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                      > > >

                      > > > ________________________________

                    • Glenn L. Roeser
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                        Thanks for being my #1 ISCAT QSO also! Great fun
                        Very 73 Glenn (WB2LMV)

                        Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                        Jay = WT9S

                        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                        > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                        >
                        > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                        > >
                        > > Jay - WT9S
                        > >
                        > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote: