ISCAT tonight anyone?

  • jfreeman63
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
      Downloaded WSJT 9 yesterday and played with ISCAT a few minutes. Nobody else was though. Thought I'd try again this evening about 0130Z if anyone is interested. Seems like a pretty broad mode so I will move down to 10.136 dial freq, USB. I am not well versed in using WSJT, all my JT65A experience is with JT65-HF.

      Jay - WT9S
    • Andy obrien
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
        I used it two days ago, had not takers.  I will be there around 0130 tonight

        Andy  K3UK

        On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM, jfreeman63 <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

        Downloaded WSJT 9 yesterday and played with ISCAT a few minutes. Nobody else was though. Thought I'd try again this evening about 0130Z if anyone is interested. Seems like a pretty broad mode so I will move down to 10.136 dial freq, USB. I am not well versed in using WSJT, all my JT65A experience is with JT65-HF.

        Jay - WT9S

      • Glenn L. Roeser
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
          I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0 seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
          Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see how it performs on HF.
          Glenn (WB2LMV)

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
            1809 bw

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
              Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Google ISCAT Bandwidth and get the following...

                  Modulation is 64-FSK keyed at 23.4 baud, so the total bandwidth is
                  64*23.4 = 1500 Hz

                  3 times the bandwidth limit or 500Hz for 30M in some countries.

                  de Laurie, VK3AMA

                  On 2/10/2010 9:32 AM, signalhz wrote:

                  > 1809 bw
                  >
                  > On 10/1/2010 4:56 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:
                  >> I'm sending CQ just to get a feel for it. I noticed it is a 30 second
                  >> transmission and not a one minute transmission . First TX starts at 0
                  >> seconds and Second TX starts at 30 seconds.
                  >> Does anyone know how wide this mode is? It is supposed to work well
                  >> with Tropo Scatter on 6 meters, so it will be very interesting to see
                  >> how it performs on HF.
                  >> Glenn (WB2LMV)

                • signalhz
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                    You also need to know how to work the FSK441 and JT6M modes to understand how this program works.

                    http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                      Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.

                      Jay - WT9S

                      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • jfreeman63
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                        I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.

                        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                        > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                        >
                        > Jay - WT9S
                        >
                        > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                        > >

                        > > ________________________________

                      • jfreeman63
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                          Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                          Jay = WT9S

                          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                          > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                          >
                          > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                          > >
                          > > Jay - WT9S
                          > >
                          > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks. I'm calling on 10.136 second.
                          > > >

                          > > > ________________________________

                        • Glenn L. Roeser
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 1, 2010
                            Thanks for being my #1 ISCAT QSO also! Great fun
                            Very 73 Glenn (WB2LMV)

                            Thanks Glenn, WB2LMV for ISCAT nr 1 in the log :)
                            Jay = WT9S

                            --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@...> wrote:

                            > I think I'm hearing someone out there but no decode.
                            >
                            > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "jfreeman63" <jfreeman63@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Ok I'm calling cq now 10.136 dial.
                            > >
                            > > Jay - WT9S
                            > >
                            > > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@> wrote: