Re: [30MDG] Re: 30 Meter Multi-Mode Weekend Sept 25th & 26th, 9/26/2010, 12:00 am

  • Johnny
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 25, 2010
      Thanks for reply I apparently am having a signal problem here with lots of side bands so am working on it I have never worked anything across the sea except Australia last year. I will watch for you. 73 Johnny

      On 9/25/2010 2:39 PM, G8SQH wrote:

      On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 13:11:48 -0600
      Johnny <fieldservice@...> wrote:

      > It's 1 P.M. M.S.T. here in Cortez, Co and I do not see any signals
      > here on PSK31 10.140 Where is everybody hanging out and in what modes?
      > Johnny KD5LWU

      Johnny

      At present here in England all the acitvity I see is 10.140 to 10.144 - we have OTHR just below. Most EU signals, but 4M6M is here,. so some transatlantic propagation

      Please look on hamspots.net/30mdg - several stations (including mine) auto-log everything here (actually either all the PSK signals, or the station I'm listening to in other modes). I also run a WSPR reciever, (wsprnet.org) - it shows a path to the east coast right now.

      Sadly I have never heard CO, and almost never anything in the western half of the US - maybe this winter

      Happy to listen for you if you want - just put a spot on the 30mdg board. Please try an efficient mode (contestia or perhaps thor) - I only have a Watt, and PSK probably won't make it.

      Have fun

      --david G8SQH
      --
      <djch-yahoo@...>

    • Scott Currier
      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 2, 2010

        The OTHR has been quite strong this evening. That may be what you're hearing.

        Surprisingly the top 8 kHz of the band and the bottom 20 kHz have been relatively clear of the radar signal tonite.

        Seems Saturday nights have been radar nights and it becomes kind of tough to operate.

        73 and I hope you have a nice weekend.

        Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

        To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
        From: fieldservice@...