Re: [30MDG] On air roundtables.

  • phil williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2010
      Contestia 8/250 is a good one. There have been roundtable QSOs on this
      mode on 30 meters. Another one is BPSK63F...philw de ka1gmn

      On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 16:00 +0000, Scott Currier wrote:

      > Has anyone participated in digital conversations with more than two
      > people?
      >
      > If so, what mode(s) and how did it work out?
      >

      > 73 Scott KT1B
      > Haverhill, MA

    • Leslie Elliott
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2010
        Scott, MARS routinely uses digital modes in their nets.

        Les KCØPTO

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010

          We used to do it all the time on 2 metre packet (some of the PMS and BBS software had a ‘chat’ mode)

          73 de Daithi GI7OMY

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010
            Thank you, I didn't know that. I imagine that it's a peer to peer type arrangement where everyone has to be able to hear everyone else?

            Any idea as to what mode they use?

            To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
            From: kc0pto@...
            Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:34:12 -0700
            Subject: RE: [30MDG] On air roundtables.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010

              Thank you Phil.

              To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
              From: ka1gmn@...
              Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:53:42 -0500

              Contestia 8/250 is a good one. There have been roundtable QSOs on this
              mode on 30 meters. Another one is BPSK63F...philw de ka1gmn

              On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 16:00 +0000, Scott Currier wrote:

              > Has anyone participated in digital conversations with more than two
              > people?
              >
              > If so, what mode(s) and how did it work out?
              >

              > 73 Scott KT1B
              > Haverhill, MA

            • Scott Currier
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010
                Thank you Daithi, I remember when two metre packet was very popular. It was nice having the mail forwarding and before e-mail was popular we could keep in touch with friends via packet email.

                Have you run into any packet activity here on 30 meters? I used 300 baud packet on 20 meters a long time ago but nothing recent.

                What about Pactor I activity on 30?

                73 and good DX

                Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

                To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com