RE: [30MDG] On air roundtables.

  • Lehman, Rex
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2010

      I know of 2 or 3 digital nets on 80 mtr on Monday and Tuesday nights.

      There is or was a RTTY net every night on 80 out of Atlanta Georgia , Monday and Tuesday I think they use Olivia,

      sometimes change to other modes. believe the Monday net is out of Indiana and Tuesday out of PA .  I checked in a few times last year, seemed to work well.

      WB8TDG

      Rex Lehman

      Quality Assurance

      Measurement Specialties, Inc.

      2670 Indian Ripple Rd

      Dayton Ohio , 43140

      Office +1.937.427.1231 ext. 292

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2010
        Contestia 8/250 is a good one. There have been roundtable QSOs on this
        mode on 30 meters. Another one is BPSK63F...philw de ka1gmn

        On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 16:00 +0000, Scott Currier wrote:

        > Has anyone participated in digital conversations with more than two
        > people?
        >
        > If so, what mode(s) and how did it work out?
        >

        > 73 Scott KT1B
        > Haverhill, MA

      • Leslie Elliott
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2010
          Scott, MARS routinely uses digital modes in their nets.

          Les KCØPTO

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010

            We used to do it all the time on 2 metre packet (some of the PMS and BBS software had a ‘chat’ mode)

            73 de Daithi GI7OMY

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010
              Thank you, I didn't know that. I imagine that it's a peer to peer type arrangement where everyone has to be able to hear everyone else?

              Any idea as to what mode they use?

              To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
              From: kc0pto@...
              Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:34:12 -0700
              Subject: RE: [30MDG] On air roundtables.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010

                Thank you Phil.

                To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
                From: ka1gmn@...
                Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:53:42 -0500

                Contestia 8/250 is a good one. There have been roundtable QSOs on this
                mode on 30 meters. Another one is BPSK63F...philw de ka1gmn

                On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 16:00 +0000, Scott Currier wrote:

                > Has anyone participated in digital conversations with more than two
                > people?
                >
                > If so, what mode(s) and how did it work out?
                >

                > 73 Scott KT1B
                > Haverhill, MA

              • Scott Currier
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 2, 2010
                  Thank you Daithi, I remember when two metre packet was very popular. It was nice having the mail forwarding and before e-mail was popular we could keep in touch with friends via packet email.

                  Have you run into any packet activity here on 30 meters? I used 300 baud packet on 20 meters a long time ago but nothing recent.

                  What about Pactor I activity on 30?

                  73 and good DX

                  Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

                  To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com