Re: What modes shall we use?

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
      Phil,
      if you activate Contestia mode in MixW, you find the mode displayed in a small box down right in the status bar. Click the next left button and a properties menu comes up where you can select number of tones and bandwidth.
      73 Fred DL6XAZ

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Phil Williams <ka1gmn@...> wrote:

      > What settings for Contestia are available in MixW?
      >
      > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM, signalhz <signalhz@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I don't have that mode with HRD or MultiPSK. I'll have to switch to
      > > MixW.....I just heard some Olivia or Contestia but don't know what setting
      > > it's in.
      > >
      > > de Eddy N4ABN
      > >

      > > On 9/30/2010 7:44 PM, don wrote:
      > >

      > > I am listening in zl for the contestia but don't even have that speed in
      > > HRD
      > >
      > > Probably need to wait an hour or more anyway until the band opens my way
      > >
      > > Don zl1atb

    • Scott Currier
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
        Does anyone use Amtor or HF packet?

        I started in RTTY with a Commodore Vic 20 computerette and an AEA CP-1 interface. I didn't have Amtor and I've never tried Amtor. At some point it would be interested to try an ARQ mode. I need to get MultiPSK installed first.

        I've used HF packet on 20 meters a long time ago when I have an AEA PK232 and may try the mode again when I get that program installed.

        73 all and have a nice day.

        Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

        To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com