RE: [30MDG] Re: What modes shall we use?

  • don
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010

      Can hear f5tti now so band is opening

      From: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:30MDG@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jfreeman63
      Sent: Friday, 1 October 2010 4:36 p.m.
      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [30MDG] Re: What modes shall we use?

      Are ya'll still around? I need one mode to have 20, don't know what's left to try hi hi.

      Jay - WT9S

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
        Phil,
        if you activate Contestia mode in MixW, you find the mode displayed in a small box down right in the status bar. Click the next left button and a properties menu comes up where you can select number of tones and bandwidth.
        73 Fred DL6XAZ

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Phil Williams <ka1gmn@...> wrote:

        > What settings for Contestia are available in MixW?
        >
        > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM, signalhz <signalhz@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I don't have that mode with HRD or MultiPSK. I'll have to switch to
        > > MixW.....I just heard some Olivia or Contestia but don't know what setting
        > > it's in.
        > >
        > > de Eddy N4ABN
        > >

        > > On 9/30/2010 7:44 PM, don wrote:
        > >

        > > I am listening in zl for the contestia but don't even have that speed in
        > > HRD
        > >
        > > Probably need to wait an hour or more anyway until the band opens my way
        > >
        > > Don zl1atb

      • Scott Currier
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
          Does anyone use Amtor or HF packet?

          I started in RTTY with a Commodore Vic 20 computerette and an AEA CP-1 interface. I didn't have Amtor and I've never tried Amtor. At some point it would be interested to try an ARQ mode. I need to get MultiPSK installed first.

          I've used HF packet on 20 meters a long time ago when I have an AEA PK232 and may try the mode again when I get that program installed.

          73 all and have a nice day.

          Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

          To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com