What modes shall we use?

  • phil williams
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
      Anyone interesting an any particular mode they would like to try?

      Right now, I am running JT4B on 10138.00, but I can switch to something
      else.

      Philw de ka1gmn
    • signalhz
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
        I need 5 more modes to get to 20 Phil...how about Feld Hell for starters?

        what qrg?

        Eddy
        N4ABN

        On 9/30/2010 6:04 PM, phil williams wrote:

        Anyone interesting an any particular mode they would like to try?

        Right now, I am running JT4B on 10138.00, but I can switch to something
        else.

        Philw de ka1gmn

      • Phil Williams
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
          hey eddy,  are you on 30 meters?  i am up no 10.142.5 running contestia 64/1000...philw de ka1gmn

          --
          Philw de KA1GMN
        • signalhz

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010

              I am listening in zl for the contestia but don’t even have that speed in HRD

              Probably need to wait an hour or more anyway until the band opens my way

              Don zl1atb

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
                No problem Don.  I can change gears.  How about fsk hell 105 on the dial freq of 10135.00 + 750hz?

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
                  I don't have that mode with HRD or MultiPSK. I'll have to switch to MixW.....I just heard some Olivia or Contestia but don't know what setting it's in.

                  de Eddy N4ABN

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010

                        I called 10142 contestia 8 500

                        Don zl1atb maybe me you heard fingers crossed

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
                          Talking with WB8ROL ....Gary Olivia 16 500hz

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010
                                Are ya'll still around? I need one mode to have 20, don't know what's left to try hi hi.

                                Jay - WT9S

                                --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signalhz <signalhz@...> wrote:

                                > Yes I'm on 30meters. I'll qsy to where you are at.
                                >

                                > On 9/30/2010 7:33 PM, Phil Williams wrote:
                                > >
                                > > hey eddy, are you on 30 meters? i am up no 10.142.5 running
                                > > contestia 64/1000...philw de ka1gmn
                                > >
                                > > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM, signalhz <signalhz@...
                                > > <mailto:signalhz@...>> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I need 5 more modes to get to 20 Phil...how about Feld Hell for
                                > > starters?
                                > >
                                > > what qrg?
                                > >
                                > > Eddy
                                > > N4ABN
                                > >

                                > > On 9/30/2010 6:04 PM, phil williams wrote:
                                > >>
                                > >> Anyone interesting an any particular mode they would like to try?
                                > >>
                                > >> Right now, I am running JT4B on 10138.00, but I can switch to
                                > >> something
                                > >> else.
                                > >>
                                > >> Philw de ka1gmn
                                > >>

                                > > --
                                > > Philw de KA1GMN

                              • don
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010

                                  I am still here on 30 waiting to hear any signal lol

                                  Don zl1atb

                                  Are ya'll still around? I need one mode to have 20, don't know what's left to try hi hi.

                                  Jay - WT9S

                                  --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signalhz <signalhz@...> wrote:

                                  > Yes I'm on 30meters. I'll qsy to where you are at.
                                  >

                                  > On 9/30/2010 7:33 PM, Phil Williams wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > hey eddy, are you on 30 meters? i am up no 10.142.5 running
                                  > > contestia 64/1000...philw de ka1gmn
                                  > >
                                  > > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM, signalhz <signalhz@...
                                  > > <mailto:signalhz@...>> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I need 5 more modes to get to 20 Phil...how about Feld Hell for
                                  > > starters?
                                  > >
                                  > > what qrg?
                                  > >
                                  > > Eddy
                                  > > N4ABN
                                  > >

                                  > > On 9/30/2010 6:04 PM, phil williams wrote:
                                  > >>
                                  > >> Anyone interesting an any particular mode they would like to try?
                                  > >>
                                  > >> Right now, I am running JT4B on 10138.00, but I can switch to
                                  > >> something
                                  > >> else.
                                  > >>
                                  > >> Philw de ka1gmn
                                  > >>

                                  > > --
                                  > > Philw de KA1GMN

                                • don
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 30, 2010

                                    Can hear f5tti now so band is opening

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                                      Phil,
                                      if you activate Contestia mode in MixW, you find the mode displayed in a small box down right in the status bar. Click the next left button and a properties menu comes up where you can select number of tones and bandwidth.
                                      73 Fred DL6XAZ

                                      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Phil Williams <ka1gmn@...> wrote:

                                      > What settings for Contestia are available in MixW?
                                      >
                                      > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM, signalhz <signalhz@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      > > I don't have that mode with HRD or MultiPSK. I'll have to switch to
                                      > > MixW.....I just heard some Olivia or Contestia but don't know what setting
                                      > > it's in.
                                      > >
                                      > > de Eddy N4ABN
                                      > >

                                      > > On 9/30/2010 7:44 PM, don wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > > I am listening in zl for the contestia but don't even have that speed in
                                      > > HRD
                                      > >
                                      > > Probably need to wait an hour or more anyway until the band opens my way
                                      > >
                                      > > Don zl1atb

                                    • Scott Currier
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
                                        Does anyone use Amtor or HF packet?

                                        I started in RTTY with a Commodore Vic 20 computerette and an AEA CP-1 interface. I didn't have Amtor and I've never tried Amtor. At some point it would be interested to try an ARQ mode. I need to get MultiPSK installed first.

                                        I've used HF packet on 20 meters a long time ago when I have an AEA PK232 and may try the mode again when I get that program installed.

                                        73 all and have a nice day.

                                        Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

                                        To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com